Memoirs of a Catholic Boyhood
- 6 boys denied diplomas over FB kiss photos. // Filipino Reporter;4/5/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p44
The article cites the decision of Infant Jesus Academy, a Catholic school in Marikina, Philippines, to withhold the diplomas of six high school boys who uploaded Facebook (FB) photographs that appear to show them kissing each other.
- Correction. // Our Sunday Visitor;3/30/2014, Vol. 102 Issue 48, p18
A correction to the article "No Small piece of history at Alabama's Ave Maria Grotto" in the March 9, 2014 issue is presented which discusses the school at the Benedictine monastery in Cullman, Alabama.
- Court lifts blockade on rebel Greek monastery. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;4/4/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p9
Reports that the highest court in Greece, the Council of State lifted an armed police blockade of a rebel monastery and postponed an eviction order for the monks. Eviction of the monks through an order by Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the spiritual head of the world's Orthodox Christians;...
- Shop Of Fantasy And Of Grace. Albert, Mark // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2000, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p8
Describes an imaginary monastery/retreat house located in hilly country. Activities at the retreat house; Information on the monks who work at the institution.
- Monk killed during standoff at monastery. // National Catholic Reporter;2/21/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the death of Tryfonas, the 25-year-old monk who was killed when he drove off a cliff while trying to avoid a police barricade of Greek monastery. Standoff between monks at Esphigmenou monastery on Mount Athos and the spiritual leader of Orthodox Christians, who has ordered the monks...
- Carmelite monks brew up prayerful existence in Wyoming. Koenig-Bricker, Woodeene // Our Sunday Visitor;4/3/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 49, p14
The article focuses on the new monastery of the Monks of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel outside of Cody, Wyoming.
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GREEK MONK. Hellier, Chris // Faces;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p22
Details the daily work routine of a Orthodox monk living in a monastery in Greece.
- The SPLENDID SPIRITUAL PRACTICE of SILENCE. Dispenza, Joseph // Spirituality & Health;2013 Spirituality & Health Practice, p30
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of spending time in a monastery as a monk.
- MEN IN ROBES. Almendra, Francisco // Kennedy School Review;2008, Vol. 8, p96
A photo essay which documents three monks strolling near Jokhang as well as Gyantse Dzong monastery in Tibet is presented.