Law and the Christian Story
- More Ramsay--not less--is needed. // Accountancy;Jun86, Vol. 97 Issue 1114, p23
Discusses the impact of the court case 'Sherdley vs. Sherdley,' on taxation law in Great Britain as of June 1986. Application for a consent order from the family division of the High Court; Taxation of married people; Cynicism regarding tax practice and law.
- Should the Sovereign be Paid First? A Comparative International Analysis of the Priority for.... Morgan, Barbara K. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Fall2000, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p461
Presents a comparative study of the treatment of tax claims under the bankruptcy law of eight countries practicing free market economy. Priority of tax laws over the insolvency rule; Implementation of laws for the liquidation of business entities and individual bankruptcies; Objectives of...
- Bankruptcy Reform Act has tax related changes. // Practical Accountant;Feb95, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the tax law changes which came along with Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1994.
- NOTEâ€”POSTPETITION INTEREST ON TAX CLAIMS IN BANKRUPTCY PROCEEDINGS. O'Ferrall, Kirk H. // Tax Lawyer;Spring83, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p793
Focuses on the policy considerations affecting the postpetition interest on tax claims contained in the Bankruptcy Act of 1978 in the United States. Proposal on alternative interpretation of the act; Codification of the prior case law; Intervention of the Bankruptcy code to allow discharge of...
- Italy and the UK: a tale of two amnesties. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Feb2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p5
In this article the author discusses the success of the Italian tax amnesty and the failure of the tax amnesty in Great Britain. The author cites that there are four significant factors which determine the success of tax amnesty such as the frequency of announced amnesties by the country,...
- Ins and outs of coming tax amnesty. ABRAHMS, RUSSELL // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/19/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 33, p16
The article offers information on tax amnesty being offered by the government in Connecticut from September 16 to November 15, 2013 to grant individuals and businesses a 75 percent reduction in state taxes' interest fees and removal of criminal and civil penalties as soon as taxes are settled.
- Benefits and pitfalls. // Finance Week;7/28/2003, FINANCE WEEK p4
Reports on the implications of the Exchange Control Amnesty and Amendment on Taxation Laws Act and the Financial Intelligence Centre Act in South Africa. Role of brokers and advisers in the success of the amnesty process; Temporary moratorium for brokers and advisers; Key features of the amnesty.
- NOTES AND COMMENTS. Hughes, Patricia A. // Tax Lawyer;Fall81, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p199
Examines the effects of taxation on the equitable distribution property transfers in the United States. Transformation of family law; Distribution of property between divorcing spouses; Existence of an ownership interest to avoid taxation by the Davis Rule.
- Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act of 2007 Reduces Negative Tax Consequences from Foreclosures. English, Tom; Lathen, Bill // CPA Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p44
The article discusses efforts to reduce the number of foreclosures as well as the legislation addressing taxation issues in foreclosure in the U.S. There are two general tax concerns with a foreclosure. First, the foreclosure is considered a disposition of real estate resulting in a realized...