- Messiah. Purves, Christopher // Limelight;Dec2014, p14
No abstract available.
- HANDEL Messiah. Salemi, Ron // Fanfare: The Magazine for Serious Record Collectors;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p447
The article reviews the music release "Messiah," by George Frideric Handel, conducted by Jane Glover.
- Handel's Messiah: Sing Hallelujah at Strathmore. Williams, David // World & I;Dec2010, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p4
The article offers information on musician George Frideric Handel's oratorio "Messiah," and its use in Christmas chorus singing. It is mentioned that the oratorio comprises of three parts and only one the "Hallelujah Chorus," is usually sung on Christmas. Also, the performances of Messiah would...
- Hand(e)ling the Messiah. Brummitt, Mark // Expository Times;Dec2005, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p95
Handel's Messiah depends heavily upon Old Testament texts to produce a musical meditation on the life of Christ. In this study of the first part of the oratorio - the Christmas Music - I shall consider the verses that have been used, and observe how they have been reinterpreted by little more...
- MUSICAL EVENTS: Votaries. Kenyon, Nicholas // New Yorker;2/2/1981, Vol. 56 Issue 50, p73
The article focuses on several music performances of George Frideric Handel's oratorio "Messiah." It looks at how Handel's oratorio was performed with varying style in the performances cited which include the University Choral Union at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, conducted by Donald...
- Messiah (Music release). // Christian Century;12/4/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 25, p37
Reviews the music release 'Messiah,' arranged by Georg Friedrich Handel and performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus and Sir Thomas Beecham.
- St. Philip Neri and the Oratorio. Reville, John C. // America;4/8/1922, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p583
The article attributes the origin of oratorio to St. Philip Neri. Neri has been known for his "Messiah" and is thought to have influenced Cardinal Caesar Baronius' masterpiece, "Annales Ecclesiastici." The text further recounts the involvement of the saint with early oratory in collaboration...
- Music & Dance. // New York;12/22/2008, p125
A calendar is presented of various classical music, opera, and dance performances in New York City in December 2008 and January 2009, which includes a performance of Handel's "Messiah" oratorio; a vocal performance by mezzo soprano Susan Graham; and a recital featuring tenor Paul Groves and...
- Conducting Messiah. Grimshaw, Heather // MGMA Connexion;Feb2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p48
The article provides information on Beth Belen's musical performance of George Frederick Handel' oratorio entitled "Messiah" the U.S. in December 2010. Belen, who is the practice manager for Orthopaedic Research Clinic of Alaska, states that the oratorio offers opportunity for all types of...