Of Bible Codes and Idols
- Deciphering God's plan. Van Biema, David // Time International (South Pacific Edition);06/09/97, Issue 23, p53
Discusses the book `The Bible Code,' by Michael Drosnin. The code broken by Israeli mathematician Eliyahu Rips; What the code predicted; The idea that code may be the secret book promised in `Daniel' and `Revelation'; Rips' criticism of the publishing of the code; The Biblical gematria...
- BIBLE CODE. Steiger, Brad; Steiger, Sherry // Conspiracies & Secret Societies;2006, p49
The article offers information on the Bible Code. It shares the discovery of the secret Bible Code by Israeli mathematician Eliyahu Rips with Doron Witztum and Yoav Rosenberg. Said discovery showed that the Hebrew bible contains encrypted information that can be deciphered by computers using...
- BIBLE CODE. // Armageddon Now;2006, p64
A discussion about the understanding of Bible Code is presented. Author Michael Drosnin published his books "The Bible Code" and "Bible Code II: The Countdown," which elaborate the Bible calls of the "End of Days." Drosnin insisted that the Bible Code predicted all events in the world such as...
- BIBLE CODE. // Encyclopedia of Religious Phenomena;2008, p32
Information about the book "Bible Code" is presented. It states that the book of Michael Drosnin suggests that the Bible contains coded messages that predicts events prior to their occurrence, especially the assassination of Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin. Moreover, the code has been...
- Secrets & sighs. Jacobs, A.J.; Kim, Albert // Entertainment Weekly;07/25/97, Issue 389, p12
Presents humorous, fictional examples of supposed predictions found in the Bible about several celebrities, following the example of author Michael Drosnin in his book `The Bible Code.' Joan Lunden; Jamie Tarses; Jerry Seinfeld; Pauly Shore; Michael Jackson's sone; Hanson; Eddie Murphy; Frank...
- The Bible Code. Prose, Francine // People;07/07/97, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p30
Reviews the book `The Bible Code,' by Michael Drosnin. Price.
- A Cracked Code. Witherington III, Ben // Christianity Today;07/12/99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p60
Provides answers to question regarding the presence of `Bible codes' in the Old Testament. Problems encountered by Michael Drosnin in writing his book `The Bible Code'; Methods used by Drosnin in translating the codes.
- From Scripture to Space Oddity. Callahan, Tim // Skeptic;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p92
Reviews the book 'Bible Code II: The Countdown,' by Michael Drosnin.
- Seek and ye shall find. Begley, Sharon; Barry, John // Newsweek;6/9/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p66
Discusses the theories of the book `The Bible Code,' by Michael Drosnin. The claim that a complex code in the Hebrew Bible can predict the future; The basis for the book on a 1994 study published in the journal `Statistical Science'; The researchers led by Eliyahu Rips; The critics of the book.