SENSITIVITY FOR THE OPPRESSORS
- Subscription. // Christian Bioethics: Non-ecumenical Studies in Medical Morality;Aug2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, pNP
Information on the subscription of "Christian Bioethics" is presented.
- Land of Spirits. Spaeth, Anthony; FlorCruz, Jaime A.; Beech, Hannah; Fathers, Michael; Burke, Greg; Hillenbrand, Barry // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/24/2000, Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the growing influence of religion in China, despite efforts by the ruling Communist Party to stifle it and remain atheist. The fleeing of Tibet's 17th incarnation of Karmapa to India after Chinese attempts to control Buddhism; Problems with the Falun Gong meditation movement; Efforts...
- China syndrome. Peerman, Dean // Christian Century;8/10/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 16, p28
Denounces the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China. Review of related literature; Background on Falun Gong; Factors that led former president Jiang Zemin to outlaw Falun Gong.
- Persecuted Christians today. Reapsome, James // Christian History;1990, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on Christian persecution in the 1990s. Estimated number of martyrs in 1990; Increase in factors producing martyrdoms, including social and political unrest; Persecutions in the Soviet Union and Communist China; Other countries persecuting Christians.
- The suffering church. Lawton, Kim A. // Christianity Today;7/16/96, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p54
Focuses on the persecution being suffered by Christians in several countries. Features of Hussein Qambar Ali's conviction for apostasy in Kuwait; Other countries where Christians are persecuted; Comment by Nina Shea, director of Freedom House's Puebla Program on Religious Freedom; Factors have...
- Persecuting Christians. Rust, Michael // Insight on the News;05/05/97, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p10
Reveals the continuing persecution of Christians worldwide. Freedom from Religious Persecution Act sponsored by Republican Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, Representatives Frank Wolf of Virginia and Chris Smith of New Jersey; Sanctions to be faced by countries engaged in persecution if the...
- Sheep, wolves and doves. Volf, Miroslav // Christian Century;12/17/97, Vol. 114 Issue 36, p1198
Comments on an electronic mail communication about the International Day of Prayer for Persecuted Christians on November 16, 1997. Radio talk show about religious freedom and persecution; Martyrdom of the apostles; Inescapability of suffering; Demand placed on the persecuted.
- Open season on Christians? Sidey, K. // Christianity Today;4/23/90, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p34
Examines growing evidence of an anti-Christian bias in America. Examples of discrimination against Christians; Response of some Christian organizations that call for a Christian anti-defamation league; Opposing viewpoints on casting Christians in the role of a persecuted minority. INSET:...
- Non-Muslim religions harassed in Malaysia. // Christian Century;2/9/2010, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on incidences of religious persecution of non-Muslims in Malaysia over the use of the word "Allah" in 2009.