WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Let us resist our radicals. SILVER, MITCHELL // Jewish Advocate;5/10/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 19, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to the radicalization of religious groups in the April 26, 2013 issue.
- Illegitimate: When Moderate Muslims Speak Out. Aly, Anne // M/C Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on moderate muslims, who speak about radicalism globally. The Australian governments' progressive policy counter violent extremism at home has focussed on the Australian Muslim communities. Muslims are with suspicion and as having the primary responsibility as both...
- Report Says Religious Right And Catholic Bishops Dominate 'Faithful' Lobbying In D.C. // Church & State;Jan2012, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the increasing number of religious lobbying groups in Washington, D. C. based from the data of the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. It states that in 2012 there are already 212 religious groups with an annual expenditure of 390 million dollars and many of those...
- Tate replaces Reed at Christian Coalition. // Christian Century;06/18/97, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p585
Announces the appointment of Randy Tate as the executive director of the Christian Coalition, replacing Ralph Reed as head of the advocacy group. Political achievements and positions; Coalition's commitment to the politics of intolerance; Tate's support for educational and environmental programs.
- Rockin' Randy Tate's top toonz! // Spy Magazine;May/Jun95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p59
Presents an interview with Rep. Randy Tate (R-WA) on his musical preferences, conducted by `Republican Beat,' a fictitious magazine for Republican teens. Lack of any particular favorite band or singer.
- Grassroots prodigy joins Christian Coalition. Catanzaro, Michael // Human Events;07/18/97, Vol. 53 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the appointment of Randy Tate as executive director of the Christian Coalition. Success for pushing through a precursor to the `Mega Laws'; Attempts to discredit Tate during elections; Ratings earned from the American Conservative Union and the Christian Coalition; Tate's political...
- When Denial Can Kill. Manji, Irshad // Time;7/25/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p78
Offers observations on the idea that religion plays some role in motivating atrocities such as the London subway bombing. Islam leaders who list potential incentives to bomb, including "alienation" and "segregation" but never entertain the idea of Islam as an incentive; Suggestion that this is...
- A deadly battle of ideas. Shackle, Samira // New Humanist;Autumn2015, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p30
The article investigates the tension between atheism and Islam in Bangladesh and the potential survival of secular tradition in the country following the murder of four atheist bloggers in 2015. Topics discussed are the link of political parties with religious groups, the Islamisation of blogs...
- Republicans Ask Trump to Fight Radical Islam, Not Muslims. // India -- West;12/25/2015, Vol. 41 Issue 6, pA30
No abstract available.