WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Partner bill passes Polish Senate. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;12/16/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 53, p10
Reports on the passage of a bill granting registered same-sex couples some marriage rights by Poland's Senate on December 3, 2004. Areas where the bill would grant spousal rights to same-sex couples; Opinion of the Polish Roman Catholic hierarchy on the measure.
- Vermont is fourth state to approve gay marriage. // Christian Century;5/5/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p20
The article reports on the adoption of legislation legalizing same-sex marriages in Vermont as of April 7, 2009. Details are given noting the state's status as the first to allow same-sex marriage through the legislative rather than the judicial process. Comments by several partied in favor and...
- Faith and compromise. // New Jersey Jewish News;2/16/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p16
The author discusses the opposition of the Orthodox Union to the proposed legislation authorizing same-sex marriage in New Jersey.
- CALIFORNIA: Catholic leader sought Mormon cooperation. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/11/2008, Issue 1094, p18
The article reports on the invitation of Roman Catholic archbishop to Mormom Church leaders to get involved in the campaign to pass a same-sex marriage ban in San Francisco, California.
- The Offense of Love. Campbell, Scott // Progressive Christian (19347316);Spring2010, Vol. 184 Issue 2, p21
The article focuses on same sex marriage as an offense of love. It discusses several cases where there was conviction by the jury for supporting same sex marriages and was considered a chargeable offense under the Discipline of the church. It focuses on the exceptions to the same sex marriages...
- Disagreeing in love. Moses, Lee Hull // Christian Century;9/19/2012, Vol. 129 Issue 19, p12
The article presents a first person narrative describing the author's experiences leading a public discussion within her church congregation over same-sex marriage law in the United States, pointing out how members honestly disagreed but also continued to share fellowship together.
- Mormon church restates opposition to gay marriage. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/15/2010, Issue 1177, p16
The article reports that Mormon Church has restated opposition to gay marriage in a letter to its members in Argentina, where the debate to legalize gay unions is going on.
- Between church and state. Kiritsy, Laura // Bay Windows;9/18/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p3
Focuses on the challenges faced by U.S. Catholic lawmakers amid the campaign of the Church against same-sex marriage as of September 2003. Opposition of the Church to legal protections for same-sex couples; Position of the Church on the concept of marriage; Importance of marriage to children...
- Law and Grace. Wogaman, Phil // Progressive Christian (19347316);Spring2010, Vol. 184 Issue 2, p20
In this article the author discusses the legalization of same gender marriage. He focuses on five states were joined together by the District of Columbia to get the legalization including New Hampshire, Iowa and Connecticut. He states that many cases of same-gender weddings have been conducted...