- NOTE AND COMMENT. // America;6/18/1921, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p215
The article offers world news briefs as of June 18, 1921. The Jesuit missionaries have been assigned to different countries. The Australian Worker's Union Conference has excluded Freemasons from holding office in their organization. A new token of appreciation was granted by the Holy Father to...
- UNDERSCORINGS. E. D. // America;6/23/1951, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p304
The article discusses the efforts conducted by religious groups worldwide. Jesuits of the Chicago Province has planned to open a school at Katmandu, Nepal in July 1951. Pope Pius XII has founded the new diocese of Dodge City, Kansas, which comprises 21,500 square miles of western Kansas. The...
- GLOBAL RELIGION UPDATE. // Our Sunday Visitor;1/13/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 36, p3
The article presents statistics from the analysis of the Pew Research Forum regarding the tendency of people who belong to a religious group to live in countries where they are in the majority, including Hindus, Christians and Muslims.
- Major Christian groups reach accord on proselytizing. // National Catholic Reporter;7/8/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that major Christian groups have reached an agreement on guidelines for proselytizing in non-Christian societies that reject all forms of violence and destruction of sacred symbols and places of worship.
- What about the religious left? Pambianco, Robert V. // Human Events;12/06/96, Vol. 52 Issue 46, p12
Focuses on the political activities of liberal religious groups. Campaign efforts by the Interfaith Alliance in 1996; Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's support for the Interfaith Alliance; Interfaith's criticisms against the Christian Coalition.
- Inland Valley Interfaith Group Discusses Religion, Culture. // India -- West;1/27/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 10, pB26
The article announces the first meeting of the year for Inland Valley interfaith group on the influence of culture and religion held at Unity Church of Truth in California.
- Ancient-Future People. Galli, Mark // Christianity Today;Feb2008, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p7
An introduction to a series of articles related to Christianity is presented.
- OF MANY THINGS. T. N. D. // America;5/29/1965, Vol. 112 Issue 22, preceding p793
The article explains why the journal "America" do not print S.J., which indicates that the person is a member of the Society of Jesus, after the name of each Jesuit on the masthead. It says that the journal states every week that it is the work of Jesuits of the U.S. and Canada, and that the...
- The Catholic Situation in Germany. // America;12/28/1912, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p280
The article describes the situation of Catholics in Germany. Members of the Society of Jesus or the Jesuits cannot display their patriotism, and their functions, which are subject to police restrictions, are limited to only saying low masses, celebrating ordinations only among their family...