WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The Ninth Circuit Court's treatment of the history of suicide by ancient Jews and Christians in... Amundsen, Darrel W. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Spring98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p365
Examines the comments of the United States Ninth Circuit Court concerning the characterization of ancient Jewish and Christian practices in relation to the moral issue of suicide. Features of suicide by the ill in ancient Judaism; Regard for human life in Jewish ethical monotheism; Discussion...
- Killing with Kindness. Gushee, David P. // Christianity Today;Dec2004, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p62
Answers a question about the opposition of the church to euthanasia. Various interpretations of the church's opposition to the practice; Primary reasons for Christians' opposition to the practice based on Bible verses.
- A "SUICIDE PREVENTION EDUCATION AND ADVOCACY" PROGRAM DESIGNED TO HELP LOCAL CHURCHES AND COMMUNITIES RECOGNIZE THE VALUE OF LIFE AND PREVENT SUICIDES. SUK-KI KIM // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2011, p1
What kind of a "suicide prevention education and advocacy" program will help local churches and communities raise the voice to save lives? It's been 4 years since Korea has recorded top in the rate of suicide among DECD countries. According to the bible, the life is the most important thing...
- THINK ABOUT THIS. Stier, Greg // Group;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 38, p28
The article relates how the life of a teenager has changed from feeling so alone and wanting to commit suicide to a life of having an intimacy with God after learning about the theology of the Trinity.
- Question Corner: What is the Catholic Church's position on suicide? DIETZEN, JOHN // Catholic East Texas;9/4/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p4
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the position of the Catholic Church on suicide.
- Books. // Christian Century;11/05/97, Vol. 114 Issue 31, p1022
Reviews the book `How Shall We Die? Helping Christians Debate Assisted Suicide,' edited by Sally B. Geis and Donald E. Messer.
- Death Before Dishonour! Suicide of Christian Victims of Rape. Stivala, Joan // Eras;Dec2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, Special section p1
Despite the veneration accorded to Lucretia, the young Roman aristocrat who committed suicide after she had been raped by the son of the last king of Rome, pagan women were not inclined to emulate her death. Evidence is lacking, also for an expectation on the part of their families or their...
- SUICIDE. Costello, Frederick A. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug2013, Issue 235, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Medicinal Murder" by Wesley J. Smith in the May 2013 issue, which discusses suicide and euthanasia in light of Roman Catholic Church teaching.
- End-of-Life Decisions: Christian Perspectives. Stempsey, William E. // Christian Bioethics: Non-ecumenical Studies in Medical Morality;Dec97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p249
Discusses the Christian perspectives on the issue of end-of-life decisions. Decisions of United States Supreme Court on physician-assisted suicide; Metaphysics of human life and death; Impact of values on end-of-life decisions.