WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Towards the high-tech city. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p131
Reviews the article `Bring Back the Urban Visionaries,' by David Gelernter in the Summer 1995 edition of the City Journal.
- The Brain Is Not a Computer: David Gelernter & Critics. MENDLOVIC, JACOB; FRENKEL, ROBERT; LUCENTINI, MAURO; FRANK, AARON; STEIN, STEVE; DAN, PETER; CARROLL, RONALD J.; BAILEY, MATTHEW; SIMON, M.; NOUR EDDINE, SAMER; BLAZ, JERRY; ELLWANGER, ADAM; PATTEN, DAVID A.; HARRIS, RICHARD; BECKMAN, BRIAN; MIZE, RICHARD; STONE, C. J.; KONTOROVICH, ARYEH; SAAL, STEFAN; RADKE, LYLE // Commentary;Apr2014, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p4
The article presents several letters to the editor in response to the article "The Closing of the Scientific Mind" by David Gelernter published in the January 2014 issue.
- The Big Picture. Baker, Edward H. // CIO Insight;Oct2002, Issue 19, p48
Interviews David Gelernter, computer scientist and entrepreneur. Knowledge management; Distinction between information and knowledge; Development of user interfaces.
- Swan House. Gelernter, David // Commentary;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p61
Presents the short story "Swan House," by David Gelernter.
- No bomb, no book. Abbott, Faith // Human Life Review;Winter98, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p31
Narrates how David Gelernter, a professor of computer science at Yale University, survived an assassination attempt made by Theodore J. Kaczynski who sent a mail bomb to his office. Partial listing of Gelernter's injury; Influence of the assassination attempt on his view about the meaning of life.
- Notes of a nonvictim. Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;10/06/97, Vol. 123 Issue 13, p11
Discusses the book `Drawing Life: Surviving the Unabomber,' by David Gelernter. His account of being the victim of one of the Unabomber's bombs; Why Gerlernter is adamant in his effort to not be a victim; The degradation of American culture by its celebration of victims; The media's treatment...
- A victim reflects on the `evil coward.' Gelernter, David // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/15/96, Issue 16, p28
Presents information on the reflections of David Gelernter who was badly hurt after receiving a mail bomb from the suspected Unabomber, Theodore Kaczynski. Public's speculation on intended victim; Gelernter's appreciation of life after incident; Gelernter's interest in Kaczynski; Response to...
- Reality Bytes. Johnson, Steven // Discover;May2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the prediction made by computer scientist David Gelernter that advances in computing power and connectivity would lead to the creation of virtual cities or micro versions of the real world built out of data streams and algorithms. Economic vitality of the virtual world of Norrath,...
- Recent murder fuels need to reexamine regulations of the... McMullen, John F. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p22
Reports on the murder of Eddie Werner which brings up the question of censorship on the Internet and on David Gelernter who was `Unabombed' which left him with a number of major physical impairments. Werner case raising issue of government regulation of the Internet; Information on the victims...