WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- CLASSIFIED. // Commonweal;5/1/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p45
The article announces a call for applicants for the position of executive director to The Christian Brothers Conference Office for Lasallian Education.
- Los Hermanos de las Escuelas Cristianas y el proyecto polÃtico conservador 1948-1958. Rangel Gualdrón, Leidy Paola // Revista Anuario de Historia Regional y de las Fronteras;ene-jun2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p193
In this article it will be proved that the Brothers of the Christian Schools supported the conservative political Project, using the education to keep and promote the traditionalist ideas from their arrival in 1890 to the first half of the twentieth century, emphasizing the 1948-1958 decade. To...
- RELIGION IN NORDIC PARTY PLATFORMS 1988-2008. Lindberg, Jonas // Nordic Journal of Religion & Society;2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p121
In this article, I will analyse how Nordic political parties refer to religion in party platforms from the late 1980s until 2008 in light of increased religious diversity and changed relations between church and state in the Nordic countries. Four questions are asked: (1) Does the number of...
- PARTISAN PREACHMENT. Leaming, Jeremy // Church & State;Nov2004, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the controversy related to the involvement of churches in the U.S. politics. The religious right leader Jerry Falwell has urged churches to aggressively support candidates for political office, despite federal tax law barring electioneering by houses of worship. On the...
- PromÄ›ny postojÅ¯ ÄeskÃ½ch politickÃ½ch stran ke vztahu cÃrkvÃ a stÃ¡tu v prÅ¯bÄ›hu 19. a 20. stoletÃ. Balík, Stanislav; Eibl, Otto // SociÃ¡lni Studia / Social Studies (1214813X);2013, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p107
Churches and religious organizations were always major actors in the public sphere in European history. The nature and intensity of the relationship between church and state found expression in the presence of significant political cleavage from the end of the 19th century onwards. The...
- Methodists Divided on Split. // Christianity Today;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p52
Presents the views of United Methodist (UM) church leaders on the amicable separation of the church. Stance of Mark Tooley, the director of UM Action, on the issue; Action that the church should take according to Kathryn Johnson, executive director of the Methodist Federation for Social Action;...
- Wesleyan Surge. Murchison, William // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;May/Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p34
The article reviews the book "Taking Back the United Methodist Church," by Mark Tooley.
- Methodism and Politics in the Twentieth Century. Small, Joseph D. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct2012, Issue 226, p65
A review of the book "Methodism and Politics in the Twentieth Century," by Mark Tooley, is presented.
- Jury defrocks openly gay Methodist pastor. // Christian Century;12/28/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 26, p11
Reports on the conviction of openly gay Methodist pastor Beth Stroud by a jury for violating a church ban on gay clergy. Actions taken by members of pro-gay group Soulforce to support Stroud; Views of Mark Tooley, director of the Methodist program of the Institute on Religion and Democracy, on...