WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- THE APPROACHING CENTURY OF RELIGION. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1997, Issue 76, p75
Discusses the book "The Decline of Eastern Christianity Under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude," by Bat Ye'or. Religions that are large, growing, and universal in their culture-forming ambitions; Advantages of Christianity over Islam; Information about dhimmitude.
- THE DECLINE OF EASTERN CHRISTIANITY UNDER ISLAM: FROM JIHAD TO DHIMMITUDE. Oakes, Edward T. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep1997, Issue 75, p70
Reviews the book "The Decline of Eastern Christianity Under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude," by Bat Ye'Or.
- ISLAMIC ENCOUNTERS. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1998, Issue 80, p62
Comments on the responses to the review of the book "The Decline of Eastern Christianity Under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude," by Bat Ye'or. Indication of the difficulties in establishing a dialogue between Christianity and Islam; Aim of the campaign initiated by the Council of...
- Book reviews. Biechler, James E. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Winter98, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p127
Reviews the book, `The Decline of Eastern Christianity under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude, Seventh-Twentieth Century,' by Bat Ye'or.
- Christian writerâ€™s murder in Jordan reveals conflict on free speech, religion. Luck, Taylor // Christian Century;10/26/2016, Vol. 133 Issue 22, p15
The article discusses the implications of the murder of Christian columnist and writer Nahed Hattar on the balance between freedom of speech and respect for religion in Jordan. Topics discussed include blasphemy charged against Hattar for sharing a cartoon on the social network Facebook which is...
- A Christian View of Islam: Essays on Dialogue. Kim, Heon C. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer2011, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p469
The article reviews the book "A Christian View of Islam: Essays on Dialogue," by Thomas F. Michel, part of the Faith Meets Faith Series.
- Kenya's Christians reel from attack. Zirulnick, Ariel // Christian Century;4/29/2015, Vol. 132 Issue 9, p14
The article discusses the aftermath of an April 2015 terrorist attack at Garissa University College among Christians in Garissa, Kenya. Topics include security threats to churches by the militant group al-Shabaab, the proximity of Garissa to al-Shabaab's homeland in Somalia, and efforts by...
- EGYPT-UNREST. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);3/13/2010, Vol. 136 Issue 1193, p6
The article reports on the confrontation between Christians and Muslims which resulted to 24 injured people in Egypt.
- Egypt: A land not afraid of Muslim-Christian paradoxes. NORTON, JOHN // Our Sunday Visitor;1/16/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 38, p2
The article describes the Muslim-Christian relations in Egypt.