THE TWO RELIGIONS OF AMERICAN JEWS
- Parallel Centers for Jewish Creativity. Lerner, Anne Lapidus // Judaism;Summer83, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p280
Presents views on being an American Jew. Support for the state of Israel; Absence of conflict of loyalties; Development of Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist Judaism as religious alternatives.
- Who Is Israel? Neusner, Jacob // National Review;6/24/1977, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p714
The article presents an investigation of the attitudes of American Jews toward Israel. It tells of the factors that influence American Jews' attitudes toward Israel, the philosophy underlying Jewish Zionism, and the religious aspects of Judaism. It mentions that the main Western modes of...
- 'There is No Plural in the Verb Sh'ma... No Plural to the Noun Israel'. // Judaism;Fall88, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p479
Reports the conduction of a study on the history of American Jewish in Israel. Lack of a research study to the history of American Judaism; Fear of Jews on the potential damage that might result from the arrogant tone of Jewish religious group; Development of institutions and ideologies pivotal...
- When young Jews fall out of love with Zionism. Silverman, Jared // New Jersey Jewish News;6/30/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 26, p18
In this article the author discusses the reception of American Jews to Zionism.
- Judaism means healthy living. Waldman, Benjamin // Washington Jewish Week;6/27/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p22
The article focuses on the need of maintaining physical fitness by the American Jewish Community by taking healthy diets and informs that Judaism believes in healthy living.
- What makes Hanukkah great in America. Ashton, Dianne // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/11/2014, p1
CHERRY HILL, N.J. (JTA) - As Hanukkah nears, let the grousing begin.
- Calendar. // New Jersey Jewish News;10/3/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 40, p23
A calendar of events related to American Jewish community from October 3 to 8, 2013 is presented including a blood donation camp, a presentation on Interpretation of the Bible and a workshop on Judaism.
- PERIODICAL REFLECTIONS. // Western States Jewish History;Jul1992, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p365
This section offers several news and articles about American Jews published in various Jewish newspapers in the U.S. San Francisco Jews are exploring their heritage and its meaning amidst predictions that Judaism is dying because of assimilation. Judge Rose Spector is one of the most respected...
- Religious experience. Stanglin, Douglas; Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;11/24/97, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p27
Reports that American Jewish leaders will visit China before the end of 1997, at the invitation of Beijing, to discuss a Chinese plan to add Judaism to the country's list of officially recognized religions. The meaning of the recognition; Number of Chinese citizens who consider themselves Jewish.