THE TWO RELIGIONS OF AMERICAN JEWS
- Parallel Centers for Jewish Creativity. Lerner, Anne Lapidus // Judaism;Summer83, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p280
Presents views on being an American Jew. Support for the state of Israel; Absence of conflict of loyalties; Development of Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist Judaism as religious alternatives.
- Who Is Israel? Neusner, Jacob // National Review;6/24/1977, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p714
The article presents an investigation of the attitudes of American Jews toward Israel. It tells of the factors that influence American Jews' attitudes toward Israel, the philosophy underlying Jewish Zionism, and the religious aspects of Judaism. It mentions that the main Western modes of...
- 'There is No Plural in the Verb Sh'ma... No Plural to the Noun Israel'. // Judaism;Fall88, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p479
Reports the conduction of a study on the history of American Jewish in Israel. Lack of a research study to the history of American Judaism; Fear of Jews on the potential damage that might result from the arrogant tone of Jewish religious group; Development of institutions and ideologies pivotal...
- From Jewish Street to Public Square. Mittleman, Alan // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep2002, Issue 125, p29
Comments on key issues relevant to the acculturation of Jews in the U.S. and its impact on Judaism. Recognition of the cultural reality of American Jews; Religious compromises to accommodate the American way of life; Theoretical significance to the advancement of a religious public policy for...
- Liberal politics and American Jewish identity. SHAPIRO, EDWARD S. // Judaism;Fall98, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p425
Focuses on the social, religious and political aspect of Judaism in the United States. Information on American Jewish; Problems of Jewish identity; Difference with other religion.
- When young Jews fall out of love with Zionism. Silverman, Jared // New Jersey Jewish News;6/30/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 26, p18
In this article the author discusses the reception of American Jews to Zionism.
- Judaism means healthy living. Waldman, Benjamin // Washington Jewish Week;6/27/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 26, p22
The article focuses on the need of maintaining physical fitness by the American Jewish Community by taking healthy diets and informs that Judaism believes in healthy living.
- What makes Hanukkah great in America. Ashton, Dianne // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/11/2014, p1
CHERRY HILL, N.J. (JTA) - As Hanukkah nears, let the grousing begin.
- Calendar. // New Jersey Jewish News;10/3/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 40, p23
A calendar of events related to American Jewish community from October 3 to 8, 2013 is presented including a blood donation camp, a presentation on Interpretation of the Bible and a workshop on Judaism.