SIN AND RISK AVERSION
- The Home-Coming. // America;1/27/1912, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p374
The author reflects on the return of Archbishop of New York who had been named cardinal. He says that the welcome home given to the Archbishop is a great representation of religion in the U.S. as everyone is so proud that an American and someone who is much loved has been vested that...
- WORK/HOME. // Catholic East Texas;4/2/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p11
The article focuses on the call for the Catholic Church, bishops, priests and deacons to conversion and maintain hope in the future, according to Capuchin Father Raniero Cantalamessa in his weekly Lenten meditation for Pope Benedict XVI in Vatican City on March 26, 2010.
- The Catholic intellectual. // America;9/18/1954, Vol. 91 Issue 25, p584
The author reflects on the meaning of the word intellectual in connection to Catholicism. He relates several assertions made by several clergymen which warn about the dangers of taking a hostile attitude towards intelligence. He further affirms that American Catholicism critically needs genuine...
- Politics after Communion. // America;5/16/1931, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p125
The author points out the involvement of the Catholic Church in the political agenda of politicians in the U.S. The author mentions about the political issues involving Newark Diocese which is the concern of Msgr. John A. Duffy, Spiritual Director of the Newark Diocesan Federation of the Holy...
- The sin must be named. // National Catholic Reporter;10/28/2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
Comments on the various sins and mistakes of the Catholic Church in the U.S. Thoughts on the controversies of the sex abuse scandal faced by the Church; Efforts of priests accused of sexual abuse to evade law enforcement authorities; Views on the disclosure of sins in the sacrament of...
- Acting on forgiveness. POPE, CHARLES // Our Sunday Visitor;2/21/2016, Vol. 104 Issue 43, p15
No abstract available.
- Listen to the other half of the Catholic story. Fox, Thomas C. // National Catholic Reporter;9/20/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p14
Presents the background of a book by Thomas C. Fox on the importance of Asian Pastoral vision for the present Catholic Church. Association of the author with various Asian countries; Important characteristics of Asian pastoral vision.
- Priestless parishes and the future: A Canadian perspective. Dallaire, Michael // Pastoral Review;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p50
The article focuses on the author's reflections regarding the state of ministry in the Canadian Catholic Church given the emergence of priestless parishes. The author examines the tension between Roman ecclesiastical concerns and the rise of a diverse Catholic Church worldwide. He believes that...
- CONTEMPORARY CHURCH PROBLEMS ILLUMINATED BY THE GOSPEL OF JOHN. McKINNON, JOHN // Compass (10369686);Autumn2011, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p30
The article examines chapters five to nine of the Gospel of John to illuminate problems faced by contemporary Catholic Church, particularly the sexual abuse of children by religious personnel and clergy. It discusses the systemic sin expressed in the Gospel of John, wherein the theological and...