- Religious persecution is not a contest. Hamilton, Andrew // Eureka Street;11/16/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p44
The article discusses religious persecution of Christians. It mentions about the persecution of Hazaras in Afghanistan just because of their identification as Shiite. It also mentions about the persecution of Christians in China, because the government of that country doubts its capability to...
- INDIA UNDAUNTED. Stafford, Tim // Christianity Today;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p28
Looks at the growth of Christian churches in India despite threats and attacks. Examples of Christian churches set up by Indians and their efforts to convert Indians to Christianity; Causes of persecution; Cases of violence against evangelists and missionaries; Christianity as a foreign...
- Dumped into Drums. // Christianity Today;Jul2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p56
Reports on religious persecution of Christians in Eritrea. Total number of pastors and Christians who were jailed for their faith; Challenges being experienced by Christians in the country; Reasons behind the persecution of Christians. INSET: Suggested Action.
- Ancient-Future People. Galli, Mark // Christianity Today;Feb2008, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p7
An introduction to a series of articles related to Christianity is presented.
- INTRODUCTION. Borg, Marcus J. // When Religion & Politics Mix: How Matters of Faith Influence Pol;2005, p6
This article offers a brief discussion of religions. The different religions that currently exist are named. The role played by religion in North America is noted. The number of people in the U.S. who claim to be Christians is estimated. How diversity exists between religions, as well as among...
- De-Churching Christians. Martin, Malachi B. // National Review;7/21/1978, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p900
The article warns about the de-churching of Christians which might prove to be the undoing of the churches in the United States. More and more Christians are no longer aware of their religious roots. They are losing a significant characteristic of a real Christian, which is the unbroken...
- faith Q +A. Shelley, Marshall // Ignite Your Faith;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to Christianity including being a Christian and the meaning of Christians being in the world, but not of it.
- BEARING THE SILENCE OF GOD. Meral, Ziya // Christianity Today;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p40
The author reflects on the persecution of Christians and describes his sufferings as a Muslim who decided to convert to Christianity. He relates the occasions when he came close to giving up Christianity. An overview of the persecution of Christians in the 20th century is provided. The author...
- Christians Persecuted in Egypt. Spencer, Robert // Human Events;12/20/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 43, p17
Focuses on an increase in the incidents where Christians were forced to convert to Islam in Egypt in 2004. Method of abduction and forced conversions of Christians; Actions taken by Copts on the problem; Discrimination and harassment faced by Christians and non-Muslims in the Islamic world.