- "IF YOU LEAVE ME, I'LL stop eating". // Cleo;Nov2005, p84
This article focuses on people who resort to desperate measures to prevent relationship break-ups. All people have been gutted by a relationship break-up, but there is a difference between going to pieces and threatening to do something drastic so the partner feels too guilty to leave. According...
- A constant question: 'Who am I?'. Dailey, Kim // Monroe County Clarion;9/7/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 38, pA7
The author recalls how she questioned her self-worth when she was first asked to write a regular column for the publication and then talks about how everybody has something to offer and that putting one's talents to use will make a difference for others.
- Ask Barbra. Seville, Barbra // Echo Magazine;6/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p82
Presents pieces of advice on the importance given by straight males to the physical appearance of gay males in Phoenix, Arizona. Comments on other factors that are considered as attractive to straight males; Significance of self-esteem and self-confidence to gay people; Contribution of positive...
- Long-Term Unemployment in the 1960's. Holland, Susan S. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep65, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p1069
Focuses on increased dispersion of long-term unemployment among the various age, sex, industry, and occupation groups in the United States during the 1960s. Loss of self-esteem and self-confidence; Depletion of savings; Recurrence of joblessness; Characteristics of the long-term unemployed.
- Confidence's role in winning. Anderson, Judy // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/27/98, Vol. 45 Issue 30, p23A
Discusses the importance of self-confidence and high self-esteem in reaching higher levels of success in golf and business. Definition of personal and performance confidence; Feeling of serenity; Tips on how to check the performance confidence in golf; Highlights of the book `Self-Esteem at...
- 16 secrets of self-esteem. Satran, Pamela Redmond // Self;May2000, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p166
Discusses ways on how to boost self-esteem. Importance of interaction with other people; Significance of learning new things; Importance of loving your physical appearance.
- I am enough. Humble, Loretta // Malakoff News (TX);6/28/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 26, p2
The article offers the author's insights to have self-esteem and to look at one's self gently and positiveley despite all the imperfections and to be pleased with one's own choices.
- LOOK NO FURTHER. // Current Health 2;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p14
The article offers tips on how to gain self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Blowing Off Esteem. Boyles, Denis // Men's Health;Sep99, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p102
Provides information on self-esteem. Basis of self-esteem; Strategies for increasing self-esteem; Difference of self-esteem from self-confidence; Best way to gather self-confidence. INSET: Breaking the Cohabit.