Who Elected Clinton: A Collision of Values
- Presidential sermons. // Jet;11/11/96, Vol. 90 Issue 26, p16
Presents two photographs of United States President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore urging members of churches to vote for them a week or so before the 1996 election. Their stops to campaign at churches around the United States.
- Winning in the headlines. // Christian Science Monitor;9/16/96, Vol. 88 Issue 204, p20
Discusses the cohesiveness of the campaign organization of President Bill Clinton. Candidate Bob Dole's problem trying to sell an economic plan crafted to answer voter unease about the economy; Staff shakeup needed in Dole's political machine.
- Running on. Kelly, Michael // New Yorker;09/23/96, Vol. 72 Issue 28, p55
Evaluates President Bill Clinton's presidential campaign for 1996. Similarity of the situation to Ronald Reagan's campaign; Fear as a campaign theme; Change in the voters' belief on the direction that the United States was heading; Tonal parameters of the contest between Bob Dole and Clinton;...
- THE NEW COVENANT. Barnes, Fred // New Republic;11/9/92, Vol. 207 Issue 20, p32
Focuses on the speech of presidential candidate Bill Clinton during his political campaign at Notre Dame University. Issue of religious faith and its role in American life discusses in the speech; Influence of religion on the outcome of the election results; Support for abortion and gay rights...
- Nonstop! Jones, Charles O. // Brookings Review;Winter2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on permanent campaigning and the 2000 presidential campaign in the United States (US). US President Bill Clinton as the proponent of permanent campaigning; Comparison of campaigning-to-govern and election campaigns; Consequences of constant campaigning; Preparation for effective...
- Election Returns. Buell, John // Humanist;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p39
Examines the reasons behind United States President Bill Clinton's victory in the 1996 presidential elections. Evolution into a New Democrat; Impact of Republican attacks on income and health security; Democratic Party's triangulation strategy.
- Four more years. // Current Events;p1
Highlights the victory of President Bill Clinton for a second four-year term during the 1996 elections. Disappointment of Bob Dole over the election's turnout; Extension of the international peacemaking mission in Bosnia; Senators' plan to introduce a bill on campaign reforms; Clinton's flight...
- Four more years. // Current Events;11/18/96, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the reelection of US President Bill Clinton on November 5, 1996. Breakdown of election results led by the president; Comparison with the number of voters gained by opponent, Senator Bob Dole; Clinton's agenda for his second term.
- Clinton vs. Dole. Urban, Jim // Executive Report;Nov96, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
Looks at United States President Bill Clinton's campaign promises in the 1996 presidential campaign. Federal job cuts; Reinventing plan; Authorization for the number of new police officers; Taxation issues; Medicare spending.