Now for Some Good News
- THE NEW BATHROOM WALL. Paumgarten, Nick // New Yorker;06/04/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p34
Focuses on the New York City-based Web site operated by FreeVote.COM that invited high-school students in the city to vote for whomever they deemed the most promiscuous private-school student in New York. Number of names in the list; Author of the directions for the Web page; Probe made by the...
- Wrong or White. Jordan, June // Progressive;Feb90, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on maneuvers initiated by ideas of freedom. Struggles for autonomy and civil liberties; Questions about the legitimacy of leadership in some countries.
- What 'Independence' Means to Me. NASI, IMAM SHAMSHAD A. // India -- West;7/9/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 33, pA8
In this article the author discusses the freedom to pray and work as his interpretation of gaining independence in the U.S.
- The Austrians Get Austria Back. Wechsberg, Joseph // Saturday Evening Post;8/6/1955, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p30
Discusses the liberation of Austria from the occupation of the Russia and the U.S. Difficulties experienced by the Austrian people during the Russian occupation; Impact of the withdrawal of Soviet troops on Austria; Changes in Austria following the liberation.
- Trends in sexual risk behavior among high school students--United States, 1990, 1991, and 1993. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/24/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p124
Examines data from the 1990, 1991 and 1993 national Youth Risk Behavior Survey to describe trends in sexual risk behaviors among high school students in the United States. Percentage of students who reported sexual risk behaviors; Percentage of students who use condoms; Comparison of notifiable...
- Even if they think about sex all the time. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/28/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 39, p20
Focuses on a report by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which suggests a decline in the number of sexually experienced high-school students. Period covered; Mass media-influenced perception of the public.
- HIV/AIDS Knowledge and Sexual Behavior Among High School Students. Anderson, John E.; Kann, Laura // Family Planning Perspectives;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p252
Reports the data from the survey to assess knowledge of AIDS and of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among high school students engage in behaviors that could affect their risk of HIV infection. How the Secondary School Student Research Risk Survey (SSSRHS) was conducted; Study design and...
- Scoring points privately. // People;12/27/93 Special Issue, Vol. 40 Issue 26, p127
Reports on the exploits of the Spur Posse, a group of teenagers who devised a point system to keep track of their sexual conquests. Sex charges filed against Kris Belman and other Spur Posse members; Lack of protection for victims.
- HIV/AIDS & sexuality. Clymo, Philippa // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1995, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p60
Presents an abstract of the article `Determinants of condom use by Australian secondary school students,' by M. Donald, J.Lucke, et. al. originally published in the `Journal of Adolescent Health.'