The San Francisco Solution
- THE PATH TO DOMESTIC PARTNER BENEFITS. // Out & About;Jul2014, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p7
The article focuses on the move of the Metro Council in Nashville in Tennessee to enact an ordinance, which will grant the city employees' domestic partners with an access to insurance and pensions benefits. Topics include the statement of council member Bob Benson on the progress of the bill in...
- Lawrence becomes first city in Kansas to offer a domestic partnership registry. Hong, Crystal // Liberty Press;Jul2007, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the approval of an ordinance allowing domestic partnership registry for the residents of Lawrence, Kansas. It details the scope of the ordinance. It states that those included in the registry will be recognized as domestic partners and will be eligible for health care and...
- A tribute to Archbishop John R. Quinn. Malatesta, Edward J. // America;9/9/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 6, p6
Expresses sadness over the request of John Quinn to the Holy See for a coadjutor to succeed him as the Archbishop of San Francisco, California. Archdioceses Quinn have served; Programs; Concern for the intellectual and spiritual development of priests; President of the United States Catholic...
- Pope accepts early resignation for San Francisco's Quinn. // National Catholic Reporter;1/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the resignation of San Francisco Archbishop John R. Quinn. Who will succeed him; Reason for resignation; Background information on Quinn.
- Man of iron. Wetli, Patty // America's Network;6/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p14
Profiles John Quinn, a software engineer. Achievements; Culinary yearnings; Experiences as a triathlete.
- Quinn ineligible as delegate. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;06/20/97, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the ineligibility of Archbishop John R. Quinn to form part of the United States delegation to the Special Synod of Bishops for America as he is retired.
- Christian unity demands sacrifice of old ways. // National Catholic Reporter;7/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p13
Presents excerpts from Archbishop John R. Quinn's lecture on June 29, 1996 concerning the need for a reform in papal authority. Personal experience of the papacy; Moral versus structural reform.
- NEVADA City of Reno approves domestic partner benefits. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/3/2009, Issue 1132, p20
The article reports that the Reno City Council in Nevada approved a resolution that extended the health care benefits for domestic partners on August 26, 2009.
- Gay rights at issue. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;02/27/98, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p10
Reports that the Philadelphia archdiocese says three proposed city ordinances concerning health and pension benefits to the same-sex partners of all city employees should be rejected. Comment of Cardinal Anthony Bevilaqua to the legislation; Veto of the legislation that would have amended...