- What if you threw a millennium, and nobody cared? Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 25, p2
Discusses the plans of people for New Year's 2001, and the contention of many that the date marks the true turning of the millennium.
- Champagne, caviar and a bunker in Bozeman. Parker, D. Whitney // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/25/98, Vol. 45 Issue 52, p17A
Presents the author's thoughts on how to welcome the millennium on New Year's Eve. Resigning oneself to spending the last minutes of the millennium eating microwave popcorn; Bookings on cruise ships and the Concorde.
- Millennium. Johnson, Dan // Futurist;Oct98, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p41
Highlights several celebrations and events for the coming millennium. Egg event at the Eiffel Tower in London on the eve of year 2000; Expected number of holy mass attendees in Vatican; Celebration of the 1999 New Year Eve at Manhattan, New York.
- I Resolve to...Ten great resolutions for the New Year and beyond. // Runner's World;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p24
Presents New Year resolutions for year 2000.
- County counts down to the millennium. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;05/03/99, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the activities of the Westchester County, New York-based Millennium Commission to celebrate the coming of the year 2000. Funds raised by the commission for the celebration.
- World party. Parris, Jennifer // Seventeen;Jan99, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on how the world prepares for the New Year celebration in year 2000. North America; South America; Asia; Africa. INSETS: Toy story, by Dina Sansing;The last time, by Kerry McLaughlin.
- Millennium mania bores Michels. Michels, Bob // Northern Ontario Business;Dec99, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
Comments on the fuss made over the millennium. History of the word; Commercial marketing opportunity; Celebration of individual and collective accomplishments; Inundation of predictions on the future.
- Millennium end? Or century's beginning? Williams // New York Amsterdam News;12/30/99, Vol. 90 Issue 53, p20
Explains the significance of a new year, a century or a millennium. Measure of humanity's progress; Materialistic and temporary goals; Need to understand ones true desires.
- One in four would rather quit than work millennium. Prickett, Ruth // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p19
Focuses on the plans of organizations in Great Britain in celebrating the millennium in January 2000. Significance of financial incentives to employees; Issue on the pay and conditions for firefighters; Contention of emergency services.