WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Compassionate Bedfellow. Aikman, David // Christianity Today;Feb2007, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p122
The article focuses on Jewish leader Michael Horowitz and his impact on the evangelical community in the U.S. Horowitz led the 1996 meeting of the National Association of Evangelicals to inform Christian leaders about the sufferings of Christians all over the world. Due to his knowledge about...
- WHILE WE'RE AT IT. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb1997, Issue 70, p72
Focuses on the connection of Indonesian billionaire Mohammed Riady and the Lippo Group with the administration of U.S. President Bill Clinton during an election campaign in the U.S. in 1996. Commonness of human rights abuse in Indonesia; Action taken by the president to address the persecution...
- Horowitz's list. Freedman, Samuel G. // New York;03/31/97, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p46
Profiles Michael Horowitz, who is leading a movement to protect the world's persecuted Christians. Why a Jew is coming to the aid of Christians; Attention he is commanding in Washington and elsewhere; Family background; Career highlights; Accomplishments.
- The Jew Who Is Saving Christians. Cromartie, Michael // Christianity Today;03/01/99, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p50
Interviews Michael Horowitz, a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute, about Christian persecution. Why many governments around the world see Christians as a threat; Comparison of the plight of Christians and the Jews; Comments on a legislation on religious persecution that has passed the United...
- Churches wrap up persecution focus. // Christianity Today;11/17/97, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p74
Reports on the International Day of Prayer (IDOP) for the Persecuted Church. Significance of the event; Features of the event; Supporters of the event.
- Plans under way for next day of prayer. // Christianity Today;02/09/98, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p86
Reports on the International Day of Prayer (IDOP) for persecuted Christians on November 16, 1997. Focus of the global March for Jesus; Advocacy groups brought together by Steve Haas, coordinator of IDOP; Accusations of some liberal religious groups on IDOP.
- Prayer set for persecuted Christians. // Christianity Today;08/11/97, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p61
Reports that more than 50,000 congregations are expected to commit to pray on the culmination of the International Day of Prayer (IDOP). Goal of the activity as stated by coordinator Steve Haas; Groups involved in IDOP; Religious persecutions as an issue in Congress.
- CHRISTIAN RIGHTS. Heilbrunn, Jacob // New Republic;07/07/97, Vol. 217 Issue 1, p19
Considers the likelihood that the cause of Christian rights will rejuvenate U.S. conservatism. Formation of a coalition of conservative Christian and Jewish social activists; Efforts of Michael Horowitz, a former government official and a civil rights professor, in transforming Christian...
- VERY SELECTIVE COMPASSION. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar1998, Issue 81, p65
Focuses on religious persecution in the U.S. Information on the article "Washington Discovers Christian Persecution," by Jeffrey Goldberg in the "New York Times Magazine"; Opposition of the administration of U.S. President Bill Clinton against the Religious Persecution Act; Views of reverend...