WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Departing Archbishop Carey warns of Anglican split. Csillag, Ron // National Catholic Reporter;11/1/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the warning statement of Anglican departing Archbishop George Carey on the unilateral decision of diocese in allowing same sex marriage in Canada. Determination of theological principles; Problems in allowing heterosexual marriage; Identification of the homosexual rights.
- Carey opposes shari'a penalties in Nigeria. // Christian Century;02/21/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the opposition of Archbishop of Canterbury George Carey to the implementation of the Islamic shari'a law in Nigeria. Information on the shari'a law; Carey's views on the relationship between Christians and Muslims; Details on the visit of Carey to Nigeria.
- Anglican Bishops Reject Gays. Wockner, Rex // Whosoever;Sep/Oct98, pN.PAG
Reports on the rejection of gay sex as incompatible with the scripture and the contention of bishops attending the Anglican Communion's 1998 Lambeth conference in Canterbury, England that only celibate gays can be priests. Description of the position of First World bishops on the issue; Support...
- The Marriage Mystery. Tracy, Steve // Christianity Today;1/7/2002, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p63
Examines whether a man and a woman become married after having sex or after exchanging vows. Role of sex in marriage; Significance of marriage vows; Information on the marriage of Adam and Eve.
- Archbishop preaches Golden Rule in Cairo. // Christian Century;12/6/95, Vol. 112 Issue 35, p1172
Highlights a speech by George Carey, the archbishop of Canterbury, at Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt. Need for reciprocity in relationships between Muslims and Christians.
- Former Archbishop Lord Carey hits out in opposition of gay marriage. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;2/24/2012, p9
The article focuses on former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey's opposition to gay marriage, which he launched in "Daily Mail" as a response to the Coalition for Marriage organization. Lord Carey said, in the newspaper article, that he is surprised by British Prime Minister David Cameron's...
- Lord Carey is spouting the same old tired rhetoric on gay marriage, says Rev. Sharon Ferguson. Peter, Lloyd // Pink Paper;2/24/2012, p25
The article explores the statement of Reverend Sharon Ferguson, chief executive of the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement, over the opposition of Lord Carey on same-sex marriage. Ferguson said in an interview with PinkPaper.com that she is sadden by the old tired rhetoric dropped by Lord Casey,...
- ANGLICANS BLESSINGS WILL BE GIVEN. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;7/11/2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the permission received by priests in the Anglican diocese of New Westminster, British Columbia, and Canada to conduct gay-union ceremonies despite opposition from some quarters of the church. Number of delegates to a diocesan conclave who approved the union ceremonies; Reaction of...
- ARCHBISHOP: GAYS MAY DESTROY ANGLICAN CHURCH. // Bay Windows;9/26/2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the remarks of Archbishop of Canterbury George Carey on the potential destruction of the Anglican church because of gays. Opinion on the approval of church gay marriage ceremonies in Vancouver, British Columbia; Plans of incoming Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams on gay issues;...