WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Who Writes for THE FUTURIST? Willard, Timothy // Futurist;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the writers whose work appears in the magazine. Comparison of the diversity of the authors with the subjects they write about; Description of writers who have contributed to the current issue; Use of the works of Carl Sagan, John Naisbitt and Al Gore by the magazine; Efforts of the...
- Remembering Carl Sagan. // Odyssey;Mar98, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p48
Gives a tribute to scientist Carl Sagan. Accomplishments in furthering the study of astronomy; Dream to communicate with extraterrestrials; Death from battle with a rare disease.
- Keeper of the flame. Budiansky, Stephen // U.S. News & World Report;3/18/96, Vol. 120 Issue 11, p78
Offers astronomer Carl Sagan's thoughts on a variety of topics pertaining to science. Science vs. pseudoscience; Scientific thinking and democracy; Science teaching; The claim that science is just another `belief system'; Science vs. religion; Sagan's new book `The Demon-Haunted World: Science...
- Sagan appeals to world religious leaders. Shulman, S. // Nature;2/1/1990, Vol. 343 Issue 6257, p398
Reports that Carl Sagan, the astronomer, and 22 other well-known researchers chose Moscow as the place for an appeal to world religious leaders to join scientists in protecting the global environment. Brief details of Sagan's appeal.
- Carl Sagan, 1934-1996. Eicher, Dave // Astronomy;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p28
Features Carl Sagan as one of astronomy's great promoter. Cause of Sagan's death; Sagan's professional achievements in astronomy and writing; His biography; His last book, `The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark.'
- Superstar of science: A tribute. de Silva, Ian // Education Week;01/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p50
Presents a tribute to the late scientist Carl Sagan. Author's fascination with Sagan's book `The Dragons of Eden'; Personal dynamism; Sagan's accomplishments in science; Reflections on the rejection of Sagan's membership to the National Academy of Sciences.
- Cosmic connections. Grayson, Mary // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/97, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p7
Presents the author's recollections of astronomer Carl Sagan. Fascination over Sagan's explanation of Albert Einstein's theory of relativity; Elements that made him an effective communicator of grand ideas.
- Partial closure. Sagan, Dorion // Whole Earth;Summer97, Issue 90, p34
Presents reflections by Dorion Sagan on his late father scientist Carl Sagan. Details of the author's relationship with his father; Details of their debate on the nature of science; Features the author's dream reconciling with his father.
- Carl Sagan: An appreciation. Chapman, Clark R., // Sky & Telescope;Mar97, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p6
Features the late American astronomer Carl Sagan who died on 1996. Personal background; Advocacy of exobiology; Studies made on planetary research; Stint as editor of the periodical, `Icarus.'