WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Cloning conundrums. // Nature Medicine;Dec2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1331
Editorial. Discusses the debate on human cloning in a United Nations (UN) meeting. Banning of all forms of human cloning; United States-led opposition against a UN initiative to ban reproductive cloning worldwide; Bush administration's alteration of the wording of the charter of the...
- FIRST HUMAN CLONE? Lubick, Naomi // Science World;2/25/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p4
Discusses the process of cloning a human.
- Congress Revives Cloning Debate. Wechsler, Jill // Pharmaceutical Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p25
Reports that U.S. Senator Sam Brownback has revived his bill that bans human cloning for both reproductive and research purposes. Move of conservative senator Orrin Hatch to introduce legislation that bans human reproductive cloning but permits the creation of cloned human embryos for research...
- symposium. Pence, Gregory; Goldman, Michael A. // Insight on the News;09/25/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p40
Features a debate on the legal option of human cloning. Advantage of human cloning; Medical and psychological risks of human cloning.
- CLONING: - a psychological perspective. Asif, Umer // Economic Review (05318955);Jan2003, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p2
Provides information about human cloning. Medical advantages; Psychological and physiological implications of creating a human clone.
- WHY WE SHOULD BAN THE CLONING OF HUMAN BEINGS. Kass, Leon R. // Texas Review of Law & Politics;Fall99, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p41
Argues against the cloning of human beings. Characteristics of cloning; Misconceptions on cloning; Ethical issue on cloning experiments; Impact of cloning on identity and individuality; Changes that cloning will bring to procreation.
- Breeding Contempt. Fielding, Ellen Wilson // Human Life Review;Summer2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p7
Discusses the implications of human cloning as an alternative form of reproduction. Possibility of human cloning to emerge; Impact of cloning on the sanctity of human life; Comparative moral consequences of cloning and abortion.
- Science, Cloning and Morality. White, John // Science & Christian Belief;Oct2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p98
Discusses issues on reproductive cloning and morality. Outcome of the cloning of mammals by Wilmut and his colleagues using somatic cell nuclear transfer methods (SCNT); Problems of human cloning; Views on the cloning debate.
- Morality, prejudice and cloning. // Nature;1/24/2002, Vol. 415 Issue 6870, p349
Focuses on the debate on human cloning in the U.S. Scientific justification for attempting human reproductive cloning; Federal ban on people's freedoms; Character of ethical arguments.