WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- '20/20' takes aim at 'Dateline's' prey. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/16/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that ABC's "20/20," is developing a story about "Dateline's" visit to Murphy, Texas, where the show helped arrest people on pedophile charges during a four-day sting. Former district attorney Louis Conradt was one of the suspects. Conradt shot himself to death when police...
- Florida banker, with court victory secured, pleads `20/20' libel case before journalists. Sullivan, Joanna // American Banker;1/30/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the news conference held by controversial Florida banker Alan B. Levan on January 16, 1997, to explain to reporters how a `20/20' broadcast ruined his life by portraying him as a scam artist. Victory of Levan in a libel suit he filed against American Broadcasting Co.; Show's...
- The `20/20' challenge. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p8
Focuses on the debut of American Broadcasting Company's television program `20/20.' When the show will be aired; Cancellation of the show debut to avoid competition with the 1998 Emmy Awards viewed on National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; Names of the show's anchor team; Comments from Barbara...
- ABC's 20/20 slams c-store safety; industry says report distorted. Dwyer, Steve; Abcede, Angel // National Petroleum News;Mar96, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the American Broadcasting Co. television program `20/20' telecast which has tackled the safety of convenience stores in the United States. Decline in robberies of convenience stores; Laxity in security for store employees.
- ABC shelves '20/20' to give 'Once' a look. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;05/15/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 54, p3
Reports the plan of ABC to remove the television program '20/20' from the Friday 10 P.M. timeslot in the United States. Changes in the timeslot of several ABC programs; Comment of Barbara Walters on the proposal of ABC; Average viewers of the '20/20' show.
- `20/20' on move; are ABC exces? Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;12/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p1A
Reports on an announcement by American Broadcasting company (ABC) on the programming changes for the program `20/20', and speculation over if other stations will follow suit. How the programs were changed; Comments from David Westin, ABC News President; Information on programming changes made...
- Error-Free TV? Graham, Tim // World & I;Jun2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p58
Comments on correction-free broadcast news in the U.S. Closest TV news comes to an interactive relationship with viewers; Information on the lawsuit filed by Food Lion against two American Broadcasting Co. producers; Indication of the history of televised corrections.
- Neufeld upped to sr. exec producer at ABC's '20/20' Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;07/27/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 37, p22
Reports on ABC News executive Victor Neufeld's promotion to the post of senior executive producer of the television program `20/20.' Other executive changes in the program; Changes planned by ABC for the show.
- ORGANIC ORG MULLS '20/20' LAWSUIT. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;08/11/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 49, p4
Reports that the Organic Trade Association may file a class-action lawsuit against American Broadcasting Co. to compensate for damage allegedly inflicted on organic farmers after a false report on the industry appeared twice on the net's newsmag '20/20.' Disciplinary measures for news...