WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Steps toward a nuclear-free world. Breen, Sally A. // UU World;Fall2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p9
The article offers the author's insights on the effort by her Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) congregation to help attain a nuclear-free world. She relates that on February 8, 1987, 17 youth members of the Allen Avenue Unitarian Universalist Church in Portland, Maine provided a...
- No Nukes in the Windy City. Brockopp, Jon; Freund, Ron // Progressive;Aug86, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on a campaign of the Clergy and Laity Concerned to turn Chicago, Illinois into a nuclear free zone. Ordinance drafted in relation to the campaign; Idea of small-scale nuclear free zones.
- Argentina and Brazil: Ratification of the Quadripartite Safeguards Agreement. McCurry, Michael // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;3/21/94, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p166
Presents a statement by the State Department Spokesman, Washington, D.C., March 1994, concerning completed ratification by Brazil of the Quadripartite Safeguards Agreement. Signatures by Brazil and Argentina on the QSA brings the landmark nuclear non-proliferation agreement into full effect.
- Africa bans the bomb. Mtimkulu, Bereng // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the establishment of a nuclear-weapon-free zone on the African continent. Signing of the Treaty of Pelindaba on April 11, 1996; Ban on manufacture or use of nuclear weapons throughout the southern hemisphere.
- Putin: Russia, South Korea seek nuclear-free Korean Peninsula. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/13/2013, p1
SEOUL. Nov 13 (Interfax) - Russia favors the soonest possible resumption of the six-nation negotiations on the nuclear problem of the Korean Peninsula, Russian President Vladimir Putin said after his negotiations with the South Korean leadership.
- Steps to a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone in the Middle East. Zarazinski, Adam // Defense Monitor;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p3
An excerpt from the article "Steps to a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone in the Middle East" which can be found at www.cdi.org is presented.
- The "Sunflower Strategy" G. S. // Earth Island Journal;Summer96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
Cites the transition of Ukraine from the world's third largest nuclear weapons state to the world's latest nuclear-free country in June 1996. Scattering of sunflower seeds over the former nuclear missile base, Pervomaisk, by US Defense Secretary William Perry, Russian Defense Minister Pavel...
- United States, France, and the United Kingdom to sign protocols of the South Pacific... McCurry, Mike // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;4/8/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p186
Presents a statement by White House Press Secretary Mike McCurry, released on March 22, 1996, on the signing of the Treaty of Rarotonga or the South Pacific Nuclear-Free Zone Treaty by the United States, France and the United Kingdom. Protocols detailed in the treaty; Reduction in the number of...
- Five Central Asian nations create nuclear-free zone. // International Law Update;Sep2006, Vol. 12, p178
The article reports on the treaty by five Central Asian nations to create a nuclear-free-zone. The five signatory nations of the former Soviet republics include Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan. The agreement dedicates the region's abundant uranium deposits to...