WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Roe no more. Sullivan, Robert // Vogue;Oct2003, Vol. 193 Issue 10, p162
Focuses on anti-abortion campaigns in the United States. Role of Norma McCorvey in the case known as, Roe v. Wade; Grassroot efforts to stop abortion; Threats to abortion rights.
- Teens for life. // National Catholic Reporter;1/20/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the demonstration of teenagers in Washington D.C. in support of Norma McCorvey, who was the lead plaintiff in the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 decision legalizing abortion. McCorvey has been fighting against abortion. A survey released on January 5, 2006 says that people...
- `Roe' and `Doe' tell their stories. // Christianity Today;6/17/96, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p62
Reports on the participation of pro-life advocates Norma McCorvey and Sandra Cano in the speaking circuit. Joint appearance in Chicago, Illinois; Tales of how women were used by abortion activists in test cases before the United States Supreme Court; Conversion to Christianity and changed views...
- LOOKING BACK ON PLANNED PARENTHOOD V. CASEY. Whitman, Chris // Michigan Law Review;Jun2002, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p1980
Reviews the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court in 1992 in the abortion case, Planned Parenthood v. Casey. Facts of the case; Perspective of the court on women; Significance of the case; Issue of moral conflict.
- Courting Changes To Roe v. Wade. Wagner, David // Insight on the News;12/24/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p31
Deals with the expectation of pro-life activist on the appointment of pro-life majority to the U.S. Supreme Court. Details of abortion cases in the Supreme Court; Legislators who oppose abortion law; Arguments and controversies raised by the abortion issue in Senate and Supreme Court.
- POLITICAL LANGUAGE, USES AND ABUSES: HOW THE TERM 'PARTIAL BIRTH' CHANGED THE ABORTION DEBATE IN THE UNITED STATES. ARMITAGE, HANNAH // Australasian Journal of American Studies;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p15
The abortion issue in America is highly divisive, as is indicated by the 'partial birth' abortion debate. This article examines the way in which a central shift in language has had an effect on the wider abortion debate. It shows how politically constructed language shifted the trajectory of the...
- A Model Opinion Returning Abortion to the States. Cummings, Jonas // Human Life Review;Winter2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p59
The author discusses a would-be decision of U.S. Supreme Court that would reverse its judgment on the hypothetical court cases Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey in relation to the country's policy on abortion. The author mentions the bearing that Article III of the U.S. Constitution...
- louder than words. MARCETIC, BRANKO // In These Times;Feb2016, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the feminist organization Stop the Patriarchy's plan to hold counter-protests in response to the January 2016 March for Life anti-abortion protest in Washington D. C. and mentions the organization's defense of reproductive freedom and women's abortion rights.
- In The Blink Of An Eye. Sanders, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/2/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 18, pB1
Focuses on the challenges encountered by attorney Michael Walton in arguing the case Grable versus DaRue before the U.S. Supreme Court. Proximity of lawyers to the judges in the courtroom; Importance of the support for Walton by other lawyers in the courtroom; Background on the case.