WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Pope lands on bestseller list. // Christianity Today;12/12/94, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p56
Reports on the success of the book written by Pope John Paul II titled `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.' Copies sold; John Paul's teachings; Background on Pope John Paul II.
- Blessed event. // People;12/5/94, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p112
Features Vittorio Messori, and discusses how the cancellation of his planned television interview with Pope John Paul II became the successful book, `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.' The pope's written responses to questions from Messori; Reactions to the book; The amount of money that the pope...
- Books: How the See sees it. // Newsweek;7/25/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p52
Observes that Pope John Paul II's `Crossing the Threshold of Hope,' will be published by Knopf in October 1994. It is the first general-interest book by a pontiff. Topics covered; Price; Estimated cost of United States rights.
- Imprimatur. Neuhaus, Richard John // National Review;12/5/1994, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p70
The article reviews the book "Crossing the Threshold of Hope," by Pope John Paul II.
- John Paul, author. // U.S. News & World Report;10/31/94, Vol. 117 Issue 17, p31
Offers excerpts from Pope John Paul II's book, `Crossing the Threshhold of Hope.' His personal reflections on early life, communism, abortion and Judaism.
- A best-selling pope. J.W. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/14/94, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p36
States that in October 1994, secular presses for the first time in history saw a book written by the pontiff and addressed to Catholics and non-Catholics alike. `Crossing the Threshold of Hope,' by Pope John Paul II; The book's three dozen questions and answers.
- Publisher denies pope's book was sabotaged. // National Catholic Reporter;12/23/94, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p11
Reports on publisher Hoffmann and Campe's denial that the German edition of Pope John Paul II's book `Crossing the Threshold of Hope' has been sabotaged. Complaints of mistranslations in the book; Examples of errors in the book.
- Pope John Paul wins Christopher Award. // National Catholic Reporter;2/24/95, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p4
Presents the winners of the 1995 Christopher Awards which includes Pope John Paul II. Special award for the pope's book of reflections `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.'
- Buddhists ask pope for apology. // Christian Century;1/18/95, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the demand by Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka for Pope John Paul II to withdraw his remarks about Buddhism in his book `Crossing the Threshold of Hope.' Monk's threat of a boycott during the pope's scheduled visit to the country on January 20-21, 1995; Pope's use of the word `negative'...