April in Black and White
- Major League Baseball dedicates season to 50th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's breaking color barri // Jet;3/17/97, Vol. 91 Issue 17, p48
Discusses the dedication of the 1997 Major League Baseball season to the memory of Jackie Robinson and his breaking of the color barrier in professional baseball. Donations to the Jackie Robinson Foundation; The dedication of the All-Star Game to the first black to play in the American League,...
- OPENING SHOT. Riddell, Brad // Boys' Life;Jan2012, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p4
This article features the career of Jackie Robinson, the first African-American player in Major League Baseball (MLB) history.
- This Day in Sports. // Tennessee Tribune;1/24/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4B
The article presents a trivia on Jackie Robinson, a baseball player who exploits as the first African American player in the modern era of the Major League Baseball (MLB).
- Jackie Robinson: Rebel With a Cause. Kenny, Jack // New American (08856540);5/6/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p33
The article celebrates the life and achievements of Jackie Robinson, the first African American to play in the Major League Baseball (MLB).
- WILL JACKIE ROBINSON CRACK UP? // Ebony;Sep1951, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p23
The article focuses on baseball player Jackie Robinson of the Brooklyn Dodgers, the first African American to play in the U.S. Major League baseball, who is showing signs of changes in his personality.
- Jackie Robinson. Farrelly, Mike // 21st Century;Sep97, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
The article talks about Jackie Roosevelt Robinson, the first black player able to play in a Major League baseball game, and his greatness as a player. According to the author, without Robinson, there would be no Muhammed Ali, Arthur Ashe, and Magic Johnson. He also stated that for him, Jackie...
- The Most Prejudiced Teams In Baseball. // Ebony;May1953, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p111
The article discusses the most prejudiced teams against the African American player in the U.S. Major League Baseball, as of May 1953. It cites African American player Jackie Robinson as the barometer of how the African American player has fared in the major leagues. The most prejudiced teams in...
- Remembering The Legacy Of A Baseball Pioneer. Hoffman, Melody K. // Jet;4/16/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 15, p14
The article focuses on the fiftieth anniversary of Jackie Robinson's entrance into Major League Baseball in his first outing as a Brooklyn Dodger on April 15, 1947. The effects of Robinson's legacy are discussed and the question of whether his legacy has been lost on the current generation are...
- Interview with Chris Berman of ESPN. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/21/97, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p528
Presents the April 15, 1997 interview with American President Bill Clinton at Shea Stadium in Queens, New York regarding the commemoration of the 50th anniversary of baseball great Jackie Robinson's breaking the color line in baseball. Clinton's memoirs about watching baseball and Robinson;...