WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Monogamy requirement a seminary impediment? // Christian Century;11/20/96, Vol. 113 Issue 34, p1142
Reports on Nigerian village leader Basset Etuk's call on the Lutheran Church of Nigeria to ease its strict requirement of monogamy in marriage. Alleged reluctance of students from entering the seminary because of the monogamy policy espoused by the Lutheran Church; Request to the Lutheran...
- A Priest and His Message. Margolis, Mac // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);06/28/99 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 26, p62
Interviews Leonardo Boff, who is a Franciscan friar and lay priest from Brazil. Background information on his career; How he views his clash with the Roman Catholic Church; His loyalty to the Catholic church; Influence; Work with businessmen; Influence of liberation theology; Views on capitalism.
- A Priest and His Message. Margolis, Mac // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);06/28/99 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 133 Issue 26, p70
Interviews Leonardo Boff, who is a Franciscan friar and lay priest from Brazil. Background information of his career; How he views his clash with the Roman Catholic Church; His loyalty to the Catholic church; Influence; Work with business men; influence of liberation theology; Views on capitalism.
- Teaching Guide for 7th February 2011. Quinn, John // Catholic New Times;2/7/2011, p17
The article presents a teaching guide based on the sections of the February 7, 2011 issue of the journal. These include making a joint research project on the significance of Leonardo Boff in the Catholic Church, research on modern prophets based on the Scripture section and connecting...
- Boff leaves priesthood and order for 'periphery'. // National Catholic Reporter;10/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 27, p34
The article discusses a letter written by Leonardo Boff, a Brazilian theologian and writer, to the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith in which he talks about his decision of leaving the priesthood and the Franciscan Order.
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;2/28/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p2
Shares recollections of encounters with Cardinal Paulo Evaristo Arns. Sentiments shared by Arns regarding the silencing of Franciscan Father Leonardo Boff; Criticism of Arns from Bishop Pedro Casaldalga; Arns' role in compiling a record of the deeds of the military regime.
- NEWS. // National Catholic Reporter;10/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 27, p27
The article offers Catholic news briefs from the U.S. and Vatican as of October 25, 1985-October 17, 1986 including visit of Pope John Paul II to India, lifting up of ban on speech by theologist Leonardo Boff and passage of Vatican's five year quality control test by the U.S. seminaries.
- How far will he GO? Symons, Emma-Kate // Australian Women's Weekly;Jun2013, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p100
The article looks at the record of Pope Francis, who is considered the first Pontiff to hail from the Third World and the Jesuits and how he will shepherd in an era of reform. Conservatives observe the Pope's breach of ecclesiastical law. Liberation theologian Leonardo Boff believes that Pope...
- READING RATZINGER. Grafton, Anthony // New Yorker;7/25/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 21, p42
Covers information about Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger who became Pope Benedict XVI in April 2005. Actions taken by Ratzinger to address the arguments raised by Brazilian theologian Leonardo Boff against Christianity during the 1980s; Issues surrounding Catholic theology in France and Belgium;...