WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Ralph Reed endorsement of prophecy book could hurt Catholic alliance recruitment. // Church & State;Dec96, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the endorsement of Christian Coalition Executive Director Ralph Reed of a book that could sever his recruitment of Catholics into the Coalition. Book titled `Earth's Two-Minute Warning: Today's Bible-Predicted Signs of the End Times,' by John Wheeler Jr.; Target readers of the book...
- Blurb by Reed sparks controversy. // Christian Century;01/01/97, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p7
Reports that the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights is calling on Christian Coalition Executive Director Ralph Reed to explain his endorsement of the book `Earth's Two-Minute Warning: Today's Bible-predicted Signs of the End Times.' End-time scenarios offered by the book;...
- Reed clarifies endorsement. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;1/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p7
Reports on Christian Coalition executive director Ralph Reed's rescinding of his written endorsement of the book `Earth's Two Minute Warning: Today's Bible-Predicted Signs of the End Times' by John Wheeler Jr. Anti-Catholic interpretations of apocalyptic literature.
- Catholic newspaper blasts Ralph Reed for endorsing book on end-times prophecy. // Church & State;Feb97, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p18
Criticizes Ralph Reed's endorsement of the book `Earth's Two-Minute Warning: Today's Bible-Predicted Signs of the End Times,' by John Wheeeler Jr. Allegations on the Catholic Church's satanic powers; Consideration of the book by ultra conservative Catholics to be a manifestation of...
- When facing death, hope is key for Christians. Shaw, Russell // Our Sunday Visitor;8/18/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p14
The article discusses the relevance of hope in the Catholic faith as a theological virtue when facing death such that it is considered eschatological mentioned in the Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World during the Second Vatican Council.
- An interview on the state of the church...in 999. McBRIEN, Richard P. // National Catholic Reporter;01/22/99, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p21
Illustrates the state of the Catholic Church as it approaches the Second Christian Millennium. Information on Sylvester II, the first Frenchman elected as Vicar of Christ; Effects of having a French pope; History of the Catholic Church.
- Current eschatology: Universal salvation and the problem of hell. Sachs, John R. // Theological Studies;Jun91, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p227
Focuses on the ancient and much misunderstood theme of apocatastasis. Creation according to the doctrine of apocatastasis; Notion of universal salvation from within the Catholic tradition; Question about human freedom.
- Of Many Things. D. R. C. // America;4/19/1975, Vol. 132 Issue 15, preceding p289
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the public criticisms and misgivings over the program "Liberty and Justice for All," and the presuppositions of the Catholic bicentennial program.
- Church scandal needs a culprit, and scapegoats are being blamed. Schwartz, Jeff // Pipe Dream;4/16/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 19, p7
In this article, the author reflects on the move of Catholic Church to transfer its sexual transgressions to third party members to clear its name.