WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- 1,400 married in British Columbia. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;2/5/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the number of same-sex couples who got married in the Canadian province of British Columbia in 2003 after the Court of Appeal opened up the institution on July 8, 2003. Details of the gay couples; Stance of Canada's federal government on the court rulings in Ontario and British...
- THE MAIN EVENT. Gallant, Paul // Xtra (Toronto);9/30/2004, Issue 520, p11
Comments on the decision of the Supreme Court of Canada to start hearing arguments on the federal government's reference on same-sex marriage on October 6, 2004. Assumption on the ruling for prohibitions against same-sex marriage.
- MARRIAGE DECISION A BOON FOR LGBTS. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;5/22/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p1
The article highlights a California Supreme Court decision that not only legalized same-sex marriage, but also ruled that sexual orientation must be given the same legal standing as that given to a person's sex, gender, or religion.
- Mass. gay-marriage ban unconstitutional. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/20/2003, Issue 830, p28
Reports on the decision of Massachusetts Supreme Court that the state's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional. Conclusion of the court that the Legislature should come up with a solution that would allow gay couples to wed; Comment of governor Mitt Romney on the court's decision.
- In the Lack of an Uproar Over The First Gay President, Contrast Obama Embracing "Newsweek" (2012) With Jfk Damning "Gq" (1962). // Media Industry Newsletter;5/21/2012, Vol. 65 Issue 21, p5
The article focuses on the May 21, 2012 "Newsweek" cover story of blogger Andrew Sullivan regarding his joy over U.S. President Barack Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage and a tirade of U.S. President John F. Kennedy over his being on the March 1962 cover of "Gentlemen's Quarterly (GQ)."
- 'We're talking about the right to choose.'. R.S. // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;
Interviews gay advocate and author Andrew Sullivan. Authorship of the book 'Same-Sex Marriage: Pro and Con: A Reader'; Argument that same-sex marriage could bring positive benefits to civilization; Taming of the wilder aspects of gay male culture; Argument that marriage is a fundamental right...
- One Man's Marriage Trap. Katz, Justin // National Review;12/31/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 25, p30
Profiles writer Andrew Sullivan. Advocate for same-sex marriage; Discussion of his contradictory arguments; Reference to his book, "Virtually Normal"; His confusing discussion of religious opposition to homosexuality; Reference to "theoconservatism" in a 1998 "New York Times Magazine" cover...
- You're Gay? OK. Shackford, Scott // Reason;May2014, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
The article offers information on the decisions of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals related to same-sex marriages in federal governments.
- Marriage bill widens scope. // National Catholic Reporter;12/21/2012, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p3
The article presents information on the government of Great Britain that has extended its plans to push the legalization of same sex marriage in the country.