WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- THE MAIN EVENT. Gallant, Paul // Xtra (Toronto);9/30/2004, Issue 520, p11
Comments on the decision of the Supreme Court of Canada to start hearing arguments on the federal government's reference on same-sex marriage on October 6, 2004. Assumption on the ruling for prohibitions against same-sex marriage.
- MARRIAGE DECISION A BOON FOR LGBTS. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;5/22/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p1
The article highlights a California Supreme Court decision that not only legalized same-sex marriage, but also ruled that sexual orientation must be given the same legal standing as that given to a person's sex, gender, or religion.
- Mass. gay-marriage ban unconstitutional. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/20/2003, Issue 830, p28
Reports on the decision of Massachusetts Supreme Court that the state's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional. Conclusion of the court that the Legislature should come up with a solution that would allow gay couples to wed; Comment of governor Mitt Romney on the court's decision.
- In the Lack of an Uproar Over The First Gay President, Contrast Obama Embracing "Newsweek" (2012) With Jfk Damning "Gq" (1962). // Media Industry Newsletter;5/21/2012, Vol. 65 Issue 21, p5
The article focuses on the May 21, 2012 "Newsweek" cover story of blogger Andrew Sullivan regarding his joy over U.S. President Barack Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage and a tirade of U.S. President John F. Kennedy over his being on the March 1962 cover of "Gentlemen's Quarterly (GQ)."
- 'We're talking about the right to choose.'. R.S. // Harvard Gay & Lesbian Review;
Interviews gay advocate and author Andrew Sullivan. Authorship of the book 'Same-Sex Marriage: Pro and Con: A Reader'; Argument that same-sex marriage could bring positive benefits to civilization; Taming of the wilder aspects of gay male culture; Argument that marriage is a fundamental right...
- One Man's Marriage Trap. Katz, Justin // National Review;12/31/2004, Vol. 56 Issue 25, p30
Profiles writer Andrew Sullivan. Advocate for same-sex marriage; Discussion of his contradictory arguments; Reference to his book, "Virtually Normal"; His confusing discussion of religious opposition to homosexuality; Reference to "theoconservatism" in a 1998 "New York Times Magazine" cover...
- You're Gay? OK. Shackford, Scott // Reason;May2014, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
The article offers information on the decisions of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals related to same-sex marriages in federal governments.
- Marriage bill widens scope. // National Catholic Reporter;12/21/2012, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p3
The article presents information on the government of Great Britain that has extended its plans to push the legalization of same sex marriage in the country.
- Same-sex rulings challenge biz. HALCOM, CHAD // Crain's Detroit Business;7/1/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p0003
The article reports on the impact of the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court on same-sex marriage on companies in Michigan. Employers including CHE Trinity Health, a nonprofit health system, and Freudenberg-NOK Sealing Technologies are reviewing domestic partner benefits in light of the rulings....