WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- The Patron of Writers. // America;2/17/1923, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p423
The article talks about Saint Francis of Sales, who was declared by Pope Pius as the patron of Catholic writers. The three characteristics named by Pope Pius as outstanding in Saint Francis of Sales' writings include vigor, moderation and charity. It notes that the Catholic writer is concerned...
- Saying the rosary with the Pope. Donohue, John W. // America;11/11/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 15, p21
States when the phrase `Saying the rosary with the Pope' should be used and why. Repeating of the rosary with Pope John Paul II at the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary during his visit to the east; Appearance of 90-year-old Cardinal Ignatius Kung Pin-Mei; Sight of the nave from the sanctuary;...
- The Pope's Roman holiday. Thornton, Jeannye // U.S. News & World Report;01/19/98, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p8
Announces that Pope John Paul II has designated the year 2000 as a `holy year' and 25 million Catholics are expected to pour into Rome, Italy to celebrate Jubilee 2000. Brief details about the celebration; What the Catholic concept of Jubilee is rooted in.
- Pope discusses millennium with cardinals. Hebblethewaite, Peter // National Catholic Reporter;7/1/94, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p17
Reports on John Pope Paul II's lunch meeting with 114 cardinals in Rome, Italy without the need of a conclave. Call for the consistory to discuss the papal proposals for the celebration of the year 2000; Main themes emphasized by the Pope; Perception of Pope John Paul's use of meetings with...
- A Pope for the World. // America;10/6/2003, Vol. 189 Issue 10, p3
Features Pope John Paul II. Records set by his pontificate; Number of miles traveled; Work as a defender of the poor, a preacher of peace and a teacher of the Catholic Christian faith.
- Full-Spectrum Diplomacy: Despite Expectations, Obama, Francis Status Quo Leaders. Hurlburt, Heather // World Politics Review;3/31/2014, p1
The author discusses and compares the leadership styles of U.S. President Barack Obama and Pope Francis I. He says that the Pope's favorability numbers among Americans have reached levels not reached since the heyday of Pope John Paul II with U.S. Catholics reporting that they are more excited...
- PAPAL CHEEK. // New Humanist;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p7
This article reports on the statement made by Pope John Paul II that the public should have a greater say in the running of global media corporations. According to Pope the truths of the Roman Catholic faith are not open to arbitrary interpretations.
- Defenders of the Faith. CAMPION, OWEN F. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/30/2014, Vol. 103 Issue 31, p22
No abstract available.
- FIDES ET RATIO AND THE UNIVERSITY: REFLECTIONS ON THINKING WITHIN A TRADITION. Torre, Michael // Dialogue & Universalism;1999, Vol. 9 Issue 7/8, p93
Presents reflections on the encyclical letter 'Fides et Ratio' of Pope John Paul II. Essence of Catholic tradition; Usual audience of a papal letter; Model for the way the Catholic tradition can be appropriated on a Catholic campus; View on the relation between reason and faith.