WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- `Today' tomorrow. Kennedy, Dana; Pendleton, Jennifer // Entertainment Weekly;3/29/96, Issue 320, p6
Speculates on who will become Katie Couric's coanchor on the `Today' show when Bryant Gumbel leaves at the end of 1996. The status of Matt Lauer as heir apparent; Possible reasons why NBC has not made an announcement to the effect that Lauer will become coanchor; Other contenders for the...
- Veteran television anchor Bryant Gumbel officially says good-bye to NBC's `Today' // Jet;01/20/97, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p51
Discusses television veteran Bryant Gumbel, focusing on his retirement as co-host of NBC's `Today' show. The two hour tribute on the show; What Gumbel wants to be remembered as; When Gumbel began hosting the show; The legacy he leaves; Awards and honors he has won.
- Bye, Bryant. Koehl, Carla; Van Boven, Sarah // Newsweek;1/13/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p6
Reflects on Bryant Gumbel's departure from the `Today' show. The show honoring the departing coanchor; Celebrities who saluted Gumbel's time on the show.
- Gumbel extends `Today,' pact. Walsh, Thomas // Variety;12/19/94, Vol. 357 Issue 8, p47
Reports on the decision of Bryant Gumbel to extend his contract as the anchor of the television program `Today.' Negotiations with NBC News; Gumbel's experience in the network.
- NBC's Bryant Gumbel plans to leave next year. // New York Amsterdam News;2/3/96, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the plans of Bryant Gumbel to quit as host of NBC's morning program `The Today Show.' Career highlights; Controversies involving Gumbel; Plan to cover the Atlanta Olympics and to become a part of the 1996 presidential elections.
- Gumbel to leave `Today'. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p17
Reports on Bryant Gumbel's departure from NBC's `Today' television show anchor seat by January 4, 1997. Stint with the show and other shows; Questions over Gumbel's decision to leave; Speculation on gumbel's replacement.
- Gumbel tells NBC his `Today's' are numbered. Robins, J. Max // Variety;1/8/96, Vol. 361 Issue 9, p64
Reports on longtime `Today' anchor Bryant Gumbel's departure from the talkshow in 1997. Speculations on successors in the anchor chair at the show; Uncertainty on whether Gumbel will extend his relationship with the National Broadcasting Co. Inc. beyond the one-year deal.
- Good Morning, Bryant. Berman, Marc // Adweek Southeast Edition;05/31/99, Vol. 20 Issue 22, Upfront Programming p12
Discusses whether Bryant Gumbel's joining of CBS Inc. morning news program in November 1999 and the retention of hosting duties of Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson would affect television (TV) program `Today Show.' Rating garnered by `Today' from Nielsens; Comments from Bill Carroll of Katz...
- Lauer slated for Gumbel chair. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 49, p35
Reports on the possible appointment of Matt Lauer to replace Bryant Gumbel as anchor of the television program `Today' on National Broadcasting Co. Anchoring jobs of Lauer; Termination date of Gumbel's stint as anchor.