WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Empty Churches: Virtue in Denial. Buckley Jr., William F. // National Review;3/10/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p62
The article reviews the book "The Empty Church," by Thomas C. Reeves.
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // English Language Notes;Sep66, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p79
The article lists several books including "Shakespeare Studies: An Annual Gathering of Research, Criticism, and Reviews," by J. Leeds Barroll, "The English Language: Essays by English and American Men of Letters," by Bolton W. F., and "Shakespeare's Early Comedies: A Structural Analysis," by...
- THE RAMBLER: No. TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 1750. JOHNSON, SAMUEL // Works of Samuel Johnson (Pafraets Book Company);1903, p14
The article focuses on literary critics and discusses several aspects of criticism.
- THE RAMBLER: No. 23. TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 1750. JOHNSON, SAMUEL // Works of Samuel Johnson (Pafraets Book Company);1903, p149
The article discusses the contrariety of literary criticism and the vanity of objection.
- Introduction. Coles, Felice // In Memory of Richard B. Klein: Essays in Contemporary Philology;2005, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the book including one by Donald L. Dyer on contemporary American English, one by Clara Krug on the interpretation of dreams, and one by Benjamin F. Fisher on Victorian literary Gothicism.
- Reading list. // Caribbean Review of Books;Nov2008, Issue 18, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the literary reviews of "New World Adams: Interviews With West Indian Writers," by Daryl Cumber Dance and "Self-Portraits: Interviews With Test West Indian Writers and Two Critics," by Funso Aiyejina.
- Introduction. Kaplan, Carola M.; White, Andrea // Conradiana;Spring2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
The article dicusses various articles within the issue which criticize the works of novelist Joseph Conrad, including articles by Debra Romanick Baldwin and Roger Bowen.
- The State of Literary Criticism and Literary Journals. Givens, John // Russian Studies in Literature;Fall2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses reports published within the issue including one by Igor Shaitanov on a pessimistic assessment from the Voprosy literary forum, another by Andrei Rudalev on the decline of the traditional criticism, and one by Elena Pogorelaia exploring writers' and critics' collaboration...
- The way we read now: The Americanist legacy of the 1980s. Justus, James H. // Sewanee Review;Fall94, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p653
Comments on the literary situation in the United States during the 1980s and its impact on the nation's reading of its literary past. Theory's inroads into a canon-dominated perception of literary history; Neo-Emersonianism; Books; American Renaissance.