GOD AND BIGOTRY AT YALE
- The Advantages of an Annual Review of Departmental Data. Daffron, Eric // Academic Leader;Oct2016, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p2
The article focuses on the benefits of an annual review of data for departments, students and faculty, also presents various topics including reviewed data consists of alumni employment rates, review by dean is a step performed and interrelated benefits.
- The Impact of Degree Field on the Earnings of Male and Female College Graduates. Freeman, Catherine E.; Snyder, Thomas D.; Connolly, Brooke // Education Policy Analysis Archives;Jan2005, Vol. 13, p1
Since the gender demographics across majors have dramatically changed over the last few decades, a re-examination of the relationship between gender, undergraduate major selection, and compensation levels once in the workforce is important. This article will focus on how the salaries of college...
- The Game Has Changed: Tips for Finding a New Teaching Position. Clement, Mary C. // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Spring2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p115
Offers tips for teachers on online job hunting. Need to research how to get certified in moving to another state; Services that college career centers provide to their alumni, such as individual counseling sessions; Guide to answering behavior-based questions in an interview.
- Hate on Campus. Briscoe, Daren; Thomas, Evan // Newsweek;11/28/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 22, p41
The article focuses on attempts by the University of Virginia (U.Va.) to combat racism. Race remains a constant and still sometimes painful topic on many college campuses. It has deeper significance at U.Va. because it was founded by Thomas Jefferson, who owned slaves. The school's...
- Putting All One's Eggs in the Same Basket: A Comparison of Commitment and Satisfaction Among Self- and Organizationally Employed Men. Thompson, Cynthia A.; Kopelman, Richard E.; Schriesheim, Chester A. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct92, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p738
Self-employed individuals constitute a large and growing segment of the US. workforce, but they have been virtually ignored by organizational researchers. In this study, it was hypothesized that self-employed individuals, because of greater physical, emotional, and financial investment in their...
- Classroom smarts. // Advertising Age;3/4/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p16
The article presents a photograph of alumni of the Miami University of Ohio returning to the school after pursuing careers in marketing at companies including Kellogg, Louisville Slugger, and Twitter, and engaging with current students in 2013 to educate them about real-world business challenges.
- Tough Conversations Talking about student debt- and default-across the campus. Logue, Ann C. // University Business;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p44
The article discusses the issue of increase in student debt and education loan default rates that leads to weak employment prospects. It discusses the conversations that are going among the administration, applicants, students, parents, and alumni of the various U.S colleges and universities in...
- WHAT STUDENTS THINK: A REPORT ON NACE'S 2006 GRADUATING STUDENT & ALUMNI SURVEY. Koncz, Andrea; Giordani, Pattie // NACE Journal;Summer2006, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p18
The article presents the results of the 2006 Graduating Student and Alumni Survey of the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Majority of students chose their major because they like the kind of work it will allow them to do. The college class is also graduating into a good job...
- Join UNLV in helping put talented students on paths to careers. McGarry, Eileen // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/12/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 41, pP30
The article discusses the role of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Career Services in helping the career paths of the university's students. The author highlights the importance of employer and alumni relations for the UNLV career services. She cites various reasons why the UNLV...