Humanism After Tillich
- A REPLY TO MY CRITICS. Bellah, Robert N. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul2013, Issue 234, p49
The article presents a reply to responses by scholars Thomas Joseph White, Francesca Aran Murphy, and Paul Griffiths to the author's book "Religion in Human Evolution: From the Paleolithic to the Axial Age." Topics include the notion of freedom, the views of theologian Paul Tillich regarding...
- Can Faith and Reason be Reconciled? Herberg, Will // New Republic;10/24/55, Vol. 133 Issue 17, p19
The article discusses about a book, "Biblical Religion and the Search for Ultimate Reality," by Paul Tillich. The relation between faith and reason has long perplexed philosopher and theologian alike. With the revival of biblical theology in recent years, and the turn taken by philosophy in the...
- Paul Tillich's Theological Method of Correlation Reconsidered for Intra-Religious and Inter-Religious Dialogue. Lew, Jiwhang // Asia Journal of Theology;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p115
Discusses the theological method of correlation based on the idea of Paul Tillich. Structure and meaning of Tillich's method; Revelatory aspect of the Christian message; Presuppositions in Tillich's method of correlation.
- The Demonization and Recovery of Religion: Villains and the Transformation of Narrative. Ehret, Verna // Iowa Journal of Cultural Studies;Spring2013, Vol. 14, p21
An essay is presented on understanding the narrative foundations of religious villains. It mentions the three types of religious villains such as those whose narrative identity supports the destruction of others and those who have been cast by someone else's narrative as villains. It says that...
- The Essential Tillich (Book). Craft, Carolyn M. // Library Journal;11/1/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 18, p116
Reviews the book 'The Essential Tillich: An Anthology of the Writings of Paul Tillich,' by Paul Tillich.
- Religion, Literature, and the Climate of Fear. Ziolkowski, Eric // World Literature Today;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on the relationship between religion and literature. It discusses the insights of some authors regarding the issue including the theology of culture of German theologian Paul Tillich, which aims to analyze the theology behind cultural expressions. Moreover, it explores the...
- Theology of Peace (Book). Nixon, C. Robert // Library Journal;10/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 16, p93
Reviews the book ?Theology of Peace,? by Paul Tillich.
- In Defense of Paul Tillich: Toward a Liberal Protestant Bioethics. Stahl, Devan // Christian Bioethics: Non-ecumenical Studies in Medical Morality;Aug2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p260
With H. Tristram Engelhardt, Jr., I believe a Christian bioethics that can be collapsed into a rationalistic ethic fails to be authentically Christian. In apparent opposition to Engelhardt, however, I believe that the theologian Paul Tillich would echo the necessary distinctiveness of a...
- SHATTERED: AN ANALYSIS OF PAUL TILLICH'S EXPERIENCE IN WORLD WAR I AND HIS SEARCH FOR HEALING. PETERS, DAVID W. // Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN): Theses & Dissertat;2012, preceding p4
War changes everyone, even Army chaplains. These spiritual caregivers often experience the shattering effects of war that can affect their relationship with the self, others, and God. This project seeks to help chaplains begin a search for healing by presenting the life and theology of Paul...