Creatures of Place and Time: Reflections on Moving
- TIME TO DOWNSIZE? Phelps, Susan // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun2008, Vol. 280 Issue 3, p62
The article presents information on steps which people can take on downsizing their possessions when moving to a smaller home. Advice is given in the article on how people can decide what to take with them and what to give away when moving, such as to determine the size difference between the...
- Make that move. Baskerville, Dawn M.; Clark, Caroline V. // Black Enterprise;Jun94, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p66
Suggests that planning and intiatives can help avoid some of the problems associates with relocating. Networking; Getting information from people who live in the community; `SuccessGuide: The Networking Guide to Black Resources'; Relocation services.
- Make Moving Easier. // Highlights;Dec2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p9
Interviews children about household moving.
- MORE BANG FOR THE BUCK. Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Jan2007, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p62
The article focuses on the benefits gained by married couple Amir and Gilda Salmon upon their decision to relocate to Georgia. Their decision was influenced by the efforts to get affordable housing with low taxes, a church active in the community and be able to save for comfortable retirement....
- The Moving-Van Wars. Downey, Sarah // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);03/06/2000 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 10, p56
Focuses on the difficulties encountered by divorced parents in balancing work and family when relocation becomes an issue. Variation in custody rules from state to state; Preservation of the rights of fathers in the United States.
- A Moving Story. Bigham, Robin X. // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to articles from past issues such as "A Moving Experience," from the November/December issue.
- Buzzwords. Zeman, N.; Howard, L. // Newsweek;12/23/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 26, p6
Offers a list of some key words in the vocabulary of furniture movers. Humping: what movers call their profession; P.B.O.: packed by owner; O.S.: overstuffed furniture.
- The next chapter. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;9/18/2007, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p55
The article presents a first person narrative describing the author's experiences moving to Chicago, Illinois and the challenges and benefits of the relocation.
- RELOCATION FIRMS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/26/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 22, p10B
The article presents a list of relocation firms in New York. The list includes A-1 Realty Network of Homes Inc. in Farmingdale, New York, Allan M. Schneider & Associated Inc. in Bridgehampton, New York and Century 21 Laffey Associates, Fine Homes and Estates-Laffey Corp. Services in Greenvale,...