WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Homosexuals denied Labour Code umbrella. Pisarova, Martina // Slovak Spectator;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the refusal of the members of the Slovak parliament to include a clause in the Labor Code that would ban discrimination in the workplace on the basis of sexual orientation. Impact on Slovakia's bid for European Union membership; Actions that homosexuals might take in response to the...
- Privileged but Equal? A Comparison of U.S. and Israeli Notions of Sex Equality in Employment Law. Eisenstadt, Leora F. // Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law;Mar2007, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p357
Ever-expanding media coverage, scholarship, and popular publications discussing the difficulty of combining work and family suggest that this issue is now the essential locus for gender debate in the United States. The essence of the debate is the meaning of equality: whether it carries the same...
- Mixed Signals. Barrier, Michael // HR Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p64
Deals with issues concerning legislation on sexual-orientation discrimination in the workplace in the United States. Reason behind the difficulty in winning passage of a state legislation on sex discrimination; Impact of such ordinances on employers; Stance taken by gay and lesbian right...
- Street Talk. // Philadelphia Gay News;9/27/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p11
The article provides answers to a question on the best way to get the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) passed in the U.S. Congress.
- OUTRAGE OF THE WEEK! // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/5/2007, Issue 1019, p20
The article reports that the study conducted by Williams Institute at the University of California in Los Angeles has found out that despite the numerous non-discrimination law covering gays that were passed in the U.S. employment harassment remains at the same level in the 1990s. The 2007 study...
- NEWS IN BRIEF: RHODE ISLAND. // Advocate;2/23/93, Issue 623, p24
Reports that an executive order prohibiting antigay discrimination in state employment was issued by Rhode Island governor Bruce Sundlun on January 18, 1993.
- KENTUCKY. // Advocate;1/28/92, Issue 595, p23
Reports that the Louisville City Council in Kentucky has rejected in December 1991 a proposal that would prohibit antigay employment discrimination.
- Sexual advances? Exten-Wright, Jonathan; Hill, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/25/2005, Issue 5466, p15
The article provides general information regarding sexual discrimination in the workplace in Great Britain. The amended Sex Discrimination Act 1975 prohibits discrimination on the grounds of gender and gender reassignment. The different types of discrimination are direct, indirect and gender...
- Staff not being informed of new discrimination laws. // Personnel Today;11/25/2003, p3
This article informs that almost three-quarters of organisations have not informed their staff about the implications of forthcoming laws banning Religious and Sexual Orientation discrimination in Great Britain. The ban on workplace discrimination on the basis of religion comes in on December 2,...