WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Letters to the Editor. Glazer, Joel M.; Buber, Lisa Klinghoffer; Norvitz, Carl // New Jersey Jewish News;3/4/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p17
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in the previous issues including "J Street's NJ chapter holds its first meeting" in the February 11, 2010 issue, "Ham and Angst" in the February 18, 2010 issue and a letter seeking information about Orthodox shul located in...
- Elsewhere: Settling on settlements, dads gone bad, transgender and Orthodox. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;6/12/2014, p1
Settling on settlements: Jeff Jacoby dreams of a time when Arabs will welcome Israeli settlers as neighbors. (Boston Globe)
- The Failure of Religious Zionism. BREGER, MARSHALL // Moment Magazine;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p16
The author reflects on the failure of Zionism as a religious movement in Israel. He comments that the goal of the state rabbinate should be to serve the needs of the entire population and not merely already committed Orthodox Jews. He mentions that this failure will see a growing split between...
- Survey: Birthright generation pro-Israel. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/12/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p16
The article presents results of the poll of Workmen's Circule on the rising attachment of non-American Orthodox Jews to Israel.
- Israeli panel advances measure on haredi military service. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;5/23/2013, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- A Knesset committee advanced a bill requiring 18-year-old haredi Orthodox men and women to register for military service, with a deferral of up to three years.
- N.J. rabbi: Arabs in Israel 'must be vanquished'. Sales, Ben // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;11/23/2014, p1
The rabbi of a major modern Orthodox synagogue in New Jersey has written a blog post that calls for Israel to collectively punish Arab Israelis and Palestinians until they realize "they have no future in the land of Israel."
- Between Jewish Settlers and Palestinian Citizens of Israel: Negotiating Ethno-national Power Relations Through the Discourse of PTSD. Friedman-Peleg, Keren // Culture, Medicine & Psychiatry;Dec2014, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p623
This article traces a critical change in the professional implementation of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD): the broadening of its use from an apolitical sign of psychopathology, to an interpretative framework in which clinical questions of diagnosis and treatment intersect with political...
- The Possibilities for Religious Peace in the Holy Land. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2015, Vol. 20/21 Issue 4/1, p145
An interview with Rabbi Michael Melchior is presented. Melchior talks about the possible conversion of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from a national conflict to a religious conflict. In addition, he mentions the al-Haram al-Sharif or the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Moreover, he also discusses...
- City Of Wailing Walls. // India Today;1/30/2012, p19
The article reflects on new barriers created by fear, pride, bitterness and suspicion in today's Jerusalem. It notes that the separation of devotees to the Wailing Wall of the Temple by gender indicates the growing power of ultra orthodox Jews in the holy city. The estimated number of ultra...