WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Finding the Story. Ellis, Joseph J. // Newsweek Global;7/10/2013, Vol. 161 Issue 25, p1
The article celebrates the life and career of American historian and teacher Edmund Morgan who died in July 2013.
- Witches brewing. Karger, Dave // Entertainment Weekly;5/10/96, Issue 326, p42
Presents photographs of the cast of director Nicholas Hytner's screen adaptation of writer Arthur Miller's play `The Crucible,' which is being shot on location in Hog Island, Massachusetts. Actors Daniel-Day Lewis and Winona Ryder as the lead stars of the film; Hytner's description of his new film.
- Pretty Polish Posters. // Time;6/9/1961, Vol. 77 Issue 24, p74
The article offers information on the show which displays 124 posters done between 1951 and 1959 in Poland that was held in Essen, Germany. It shows that the posters cover everything from Communist youth rallies to safety regulations to new movies like the poster of the French movie version of...
- `The Crucible' remains `a hot story' for today. Grove, Martin A. // Hollywood Reporter;8/2/95, Vol. 338 Issue 17, p9
Focuses on the efforts of Robert Miller to bring `The Crucible,' a classic play by his father Arthur Miller, to the screen. Robert Miller's insistence on the participation of the author in the drafting of movie's script; Selection of 20th Century Fox as the studio for the movie; Director and...
- EDMUND SEARS MORGAN. MIDDLEKAUFF, ROBERT // Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society;Jun2015, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p221
An obituary is presented for historian Edmund Sears Morgan.
- The Crucible. McCarthy, Todd // Variety Movie Reviews;11/4/1996, Issue 192, p11
The article reviews the film "The Crucible," directed by Nicholas Hytner and starring Daniel Day-Lewis and Winona Ryder.
- Crucible, The (movie). BUCKLAND, RAYMOND // Witch Book;2001, p115
An encyclopedia entry for the movie "Crucible, The" is presented. The film is based on the play "The Salem Witch Trials," by Arthur Miller. It was directed by Raymond Rouleau and starred Simone Signoret and Yves Montand. The character Yves Montand was given an opportunity to escape hanging but...
- IN MEMORIAM. Miller, Randall M.; McKivigan, John R.; Sicherman, Barbara; Edmonson, James M.; Butler, Jon; Friguglietti, James; Ruff, Julius; Doenecke, Justus D. // Perspectives on History;Dec2013, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p36
The article presents obituaries for several historians including Ohio State University professor emeritus of history Merton Dillon, women's historian Ann J. Lane and Colonial American historian and author Edmund Sears Morgan.
- Edmund Sears Morgan, 1916-2013. Arkin, Marc M. // New Criterion;Sep2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p77
An obituary if presented for Edmund Sears Morgan, known as a Sterling Professor of American History Emeritus at Yale University, a scholar of Puritanism, and the author of books such as "The Puritan Dilemma: The Story of John Winthrop."