WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- World of Print. // School Library Journal;Mar78, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p82
Features several printed library materials for use by school libraries in the United States. 'The Elementary School Library Collection,' from the Bro-Dart Foundation; 'Children's Film International' newsletter from the University of Southern California.
- FM Walleyes Unlimited Donates Kids' Books. // Dakota Country;Apr2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p40
The article reports that the fishing club Fargo-Moorhead Walleyes Unlimited has donated numerous childrenâ€™s books to the elementary libraries of the public school system in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Summer Project: Kill Dewey. Harris, Christopher // School Library Journal;Aug2012, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p14
A personal narrative is presented that discusses the author's experience creating a new school library classification system for an elementary school that is said to be user-friendly.
- World of Print. // School Library Journal;Jan83, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p11
Provides information on school library resource materials that have been published in the United States as of January 1983. 'The Elementary School Library Collection,' edited by Lois Winkel; Publishers' 'Children's Books in Print, 1982-1983' book list; Libraries Unlimited's release of the...
- Influential Factors of the Students' Usage in the Taipei Municipal Ming Chuan Elementary School Library: A field study. Kun-Yu Lai; Chang, Shan-Ju L. // Journal of Educational Media & Library Sciences;Fall2010, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p3
In the past twenty years, most studies of elementary school libraries were about how the library was used. However, little research regarding why students would like to visit the library and what are their favorites in the library has been carried out. The purpose of this study is thus to...
- "Tea-rrific" Revisited. Dorris, Robert C. // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct89, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Presents a letter to the editor which expresses gratitude to Ms. Broderick for the books she recommended for an elementary school library.
- TIPS AND OTHER BRIGHT IDEAS FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LIBRARIES. Loertscher, David // Teacher Librarian;Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p43
The article reviews the book "Tips and Other Bright Ideas for Elementary School Libraries," by Sherry York.
- Collection Development. // School Library Journal;Apr90, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p22
Reviews the book 'The Elementary School Library Collection: A Guide to Books and Other Media.'
- School Library Profile. // School Libraries in Canada (17108535);Spring2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p27
The article features the library at Connaught School, a public elementary school in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. It reports on changes in the library including additional teacher-evaluated resources that are age and contextually appropriate, changes in the physical set-up that enhanced...