WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- THE WORD. MC CORRY, VINCENT P. // America;6/19/1965, Vol. 112 Issue 25, p889
The author reflects on the Gospel for the Feast of Corpus Christi from the Book of John. According to the author, there are negative effects on the Catholic spirituality of having multiplicity of peripheral devotions. He says that Catholics should magnify and cultivate devotions in the modes of...
- The Word. HELLWIG, MONIKA K. // America;5/24/1986, Vol. 154 Issue 20, following p440
The author reflects on the Catholic Church's Gospel readings for the day on the Solemnity of Corpus Christi. According to the author, the readings for the feast gives and important interpretation of what it really means to be a church. A discussion on Melchisedech, who is likened to Jesus with...
- Quiet moments, daily inspiration, feasts, and fun for May. Gordon, Jessica // Catholic Digest;May2016, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p92
The article offers information on several religious-related daily activities for Catholic communities in the U.S. as of March 2016 including celebration on the feasts of Saints Philip and James, observance on the solemnity of the ascension of our Lord and celebration of the Blood of Christ.
- ON ALL HORIZONS. E. T. // America;6/8/1963, Vol. 108 Issue 23, p823
The article covers issues of interest to Catholics as of June 1963. The Study Week sponsored by the Theology Institute of Saint Gregory's Abbey in Shawnee, Oklahoma from August 5 to 9 will focus on the theme "Christ and the Scriptures." The revival of the Mass in the Parisian Rite will be held...
- Letter from a French village. Wall, Barbara // America;9/13/1952, Vol. 87 Issue 24, p568
The author presents her observations on the behavior of the people in an agricultural Christian village in Paris, France, particularly on how they practice their religion. She focuses on a Mass celebrated on a Sunday before the Corpus Christi and the Holy Communion day. She also describes the...
- Chicago Mass finds a church. // Advocate;8/18/71, Issue 66, p2
Reports on the celebration of the Holy Mass by a group of gay Roman Catholics officiated by Francisco Father Max Bechnen in Chicago, Illinois.
- Mass Nostalgia. // Time;8/30/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p21
The article discusses the Latin Mass adopted by the Catholic Church.
- Priesthood of baptized. POPE, CHARLES // Our Sunday Visitor;12/16/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 33, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to the Catholic Church, including one on the priestly, prophetic and kingly offices of Christ, and another on why missing Mass is a grave sin.
- Union Labor Mass set this Sunday at Shrine of St. Joseph. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;4/28/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 39, p5
The article offers information on the 32nd Annual Robert O. Kortkamp Memorial Union Labor Mass to be held on May 1, 2011 at the Shrine of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Saint Louis, Missouri.