A MIRROR OF THE NATIONAL SOUL
- Impeachment: The Machiavellian View. Ledeen, Michael A. // Society;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p37
Discusses the impeachment trial of U.S. President Bill Clinton in relation to the political theory of political philosopher Niccolo Machiavelli. Connection between a virtuous citizenry and the functioning of a free state; Ways in which the state can prevent corruption; Role of citizens in...
- The Machiavellian Way. // Primo;2015, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p26
The article discusses six U.S. presidents which include Barack Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton who are compared to the views of historian NiccolÃ² Machiavelli in his book â€œThe Prince" on their capability to remain in power and withstand harsh criticism.
- Bill, meet Niccolo. Barone, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;9/18/95, Vol. 119 Issue 11, p59
Opinion. Argues that United States President Bill Clinton is almost precisely the opposite of Machiavelli's ideal Prince. Why Machiavelli wrote that it is better to be feared than loved; Stinginess and generosity and people's expectations; Machiavelli's thoughts on war and Bill Clinton's...
- WRITING THE BOOK OF BILL. Alter, Jonathan // Newsweek;8/20/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p22
Speculates on the possible content of the memoirs which former United States President Bill Clinton will publish. Comparison of previous memoirs of U.S. presidents; Suggestion of what he should include in his book; Memoirs which Clinton admires, including that of publisher Katharine Graham and...
- 42bc_header_sm (2). GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;9/29/2013, p1
An image of former U.S. President Bill Clinton is presented.
- Survivor II. Wolff, Michael // New York;03/26/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p34
Explains how people can continue on talking about former United States President Bill Clinton. Attitude of the media toward President Clinton; Role of President Clinton as a public citizen; Powerless situation of President Clinton.
- Was Bill Clinton the poor man's J F Kennedy. Scardino, Albert // New Statesman;01/22/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4521, p23
Looks at the legacy of United States President Bill Clinton. Comparison of his personality with that of President John F. Kennedy; Political and social issues which became the priority and on top of the agenda of President Clinton; Popularity of President Clinton; Leadership style of President...
- Machiavelli's administrative advice to new executives. Collett, Merrill J. // Public Manager;Winter96/97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p34
Presents a review on Niccolo Machiavelli's conclusions resulting from the actions of the great executives. Distinct reactions of employees to the way executives acquire positions; Information on the roles of the executives; Other information on Machiavelli's views.
- Belfagor: Machiavelli's short story. Sumberg, Theodore A. // Interpretation: A Journal of Political Philosophy;Spring92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p243
Presents an effort to enlarge upon the central meaning of Machiavelli's short story on how a devil took a wife. What appears as a comic trifle recalls upon rereading several themes in `The Prince' and `The Discourses on Livy.' Narrating his mission to the peasant; The middle regime on earth;...