The Next Big Thing
- Crow halts strikes as Mayor steps in. // Personnel Today;10/15/2002, p1
Focuses on the steps taken by the general manager of RMT Inc., Bob Crow, to solve the problem of wage payment system in Great Britain. Response of London Underground Human Resource director Bob Mason about the wage policy for their staff.
- Q&A. Green, David // Personnel Today;5/7/2002, p19
Presents a question and answer advisory related to personnel management. Influence of World Cup championship on performance of employees in England; Issues regarding the compensation and payment system of employees; Type of payment given to employees during the Queen's Jubilee Bank Holiday.
- When do I get a raise? Rolnick, Jody // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p53
Discusses the effectiveness of instituting a formal pay system for businesses. Employees' tendency to discuss their pay with each other; Advantages of a properly communicated and instituted pay administration plan; Formulas for creating a pay plan.
- HR support for new localised par rate plans. // Personnel Today;7/23/2002, p3
Focuses on the views of human resource bodies on the plan of the government to localized pay rates in Great Britain. Statement of Chancellor Gordon Brown on the effect of the public sector national pay structure on the recruitment and retention of staffs; Availability of extra government...
- Producer compensation: Time for something new? Burand, Chris // American Agent & Broker;Dec2009, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses the commission splits and the best system in paying producers. It notes that if an agency offer higher new business commission, the management should take necessary precautions to ensure that the system is not abused. It mentions that the industry's standard of payment does...
- Disciplinary deductions should remain, says IPM. // Management Services;Mar1985, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM). IPM dismisses arguments calling for legislation to ban deductions from wages and fines for bad workmanship or losses in its comments on the Department of Employment's consultative paper, Protection of Wages: Legislative...
- hit paradeâ€¦. // Personnel Today;5/16/2006, p2
The article focuses on various news items related to personnel management, which were posted on the Web site personaltoday.com. Local authorities in Great Britain failed to break glass ceiling for ethnic staff. Bad management is widespread in Great Britain. Company pensions degenerate into a...
- Compensation research directions and suggestions for the new millennium. Henemann III, Herbert G. // Human Resource Management Review;Spring2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p75
Comments on the research of compensation to determine the pay for employees. Link between top management pay and organizational performance; Remarks on the importance of equity and justice issues; Accounts on the development of a job-based pay system for pay programs.
- Pay attention to pay cycles. Joinson, Carla // HR Magazine;Nov98, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p71
Discusses various aspects of changing a company's pay frequency. Emotional implications of changing a pay cycle for employees; Financial, convenience and efficiency factors to consider in changing pay frequencies; Advantages and disadvantages of the different frequencies of pay cycles;...