- Why is the DTI interested in skills? Otter, Sue // Adults Learning;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on how the British Department of Trade and Industry addresses the skills issue as of October 2002. Information on its approach to skills; Discussion of the demand for skills from business; Overview of the three primary issues on skills.
- RECRUITMENT. // People Management;3/2/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p13
Presents update on employees recruitment in Great Britain as of March 2000. Details on the test for measuring a job applicant's ability to innovate; Details on the proposal of the Department of Trade and Industry regarding temporary and permanent placement fees of companies.
- It's time to axe the DTI. Reeves, Richard // Management Today;Jul2007, p27
The article focuses on the issues related to the function of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in Great Britain. According to the author, the mission of DTI is to create conditions for business success and help the country respond to the challenge of globalization. He discusses the...
- A creative conundrum. Moorcroft, Ray // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Sep/Oct2002, Issue 33, p4
Provides information on articles on creativity in management which were published in the issue number 33, September/October 2002 edition of the periodical 'Manager.' Success experienced by the 3M Co. due to its adherence to the principle of creativity in management; Promotion of the concept of...
- Involving. Higgins, Joanna // Director;Jun2004, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p9
Emphasizes the characteristics of an inspirational leader identified by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in Great Britain. Initial findings of the DTI; Qualities of an ideal boss that are admired by employees; Difficulty in fostering a culture of ownership among employees.
- CREATION MYTHS? Prowse, Michael // Prospect;Mar2006, Issue 120, Special section p6
The article discusses the development of the creative industries in Great Britain. The Department of Trade and Industry introduced a study on methods by which creativity and design may enhance business performance. With the realization of the significance of the legal framework on creative...
- Complacency at the DTI-- but not conspiracy. // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p4
Focuses on the allegations made against Great Britain's Department of Trade and Industry on the misuse of power and allegedly aiding companies break the law. Details of the charges against the DIT put forth by Michael Nobel, Minister of Trade; Statistics provided on the misuse of power;...
- Dinosaur or dynamo? Blackhurst, Chris // Director (00123242);Apr96, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p37
Presents information on the reorganization of the British Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) under its leader Michael Heseltine. Criticism of the methods used by Heseltine; Information on his book, `Where There's a Will'; Comments from senior Cabinet ministers; Details on changes...
- Information Society Initiative. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Mar96, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the launching of the Information Society Initiative by Great Britain's Department of Trade & Industry (DTI). Development of information technology awareness programs for the accounting profession; Contact information.