- Plant Removals and Subcontracting of Work. Anderson, Frederic D. // Labor Law Journal;Sep64, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p609
Examines the legality surrounding plant removals and subcontracting of work in the United States. Landmark cases on subcontracting and plant removals; Important provisions of the law.
- Metro's Move Has Statewide Implications. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the Metropolitan Hospital has gained the cooperation needed from the Michigan state panel to change regulations so the hospital can relocate to another location. Rules governing hospital locations in the state; Worth of the property targeted by Metropolitan.
- Attorney Calls Metro's Amendment Unconstitutional. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p7
Reports on a Michigan attorney general's claim that the legislative effort to allow Metropolitan Hospital to relocate under the terms outlined in an amendment added to an appropriations bill is unconstitutional. Provisions of the appropriations bill; Violations that will be incurred by...
- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;11/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p24
Presents developments in business transfer law in Great Britain. Law on elected employee representatives; Compensation for breach of the information and consultation obligations; Case of European Commission versus Great Britain.
- Plant Removals and Subcontracting of Work. Fillion, John A. // Labor Law Journal;Sep64, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p602
Highlights court decisions on contracting out and plant relocations in the United States as of September 1964. Common features of the cases; Usual remedies for the aggrieved party recommended by the courts.
- OPINION. // njbiz;7/8/2013, p13
The article comments on various issues facing businesses in New Jersey as of July 2013 including the rejection of the 10% tax surcharge for companies, the 10th anniversary of the Borgata resort casino in Atlantic City and Governor Chris Christie's veto of a corporate relocation subsidy bill.
- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;02/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p29
Presents a guide to developments in business transfer law in Great Britain as of February 1999. Information on the case of `Frankling v. BPS Public Sector Ltd.'; Implications of the case.
- The Entrepreneurial Regime, Learning, and Industry Turbulence. Audretsch, David B.; Acs, Zoltan J. // Small Business Economics;Jun1990, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p119
. The role which the technological regime and learning play in determining the extent of industry turbulence, or the amount of firm movements into, within, and out of an industry, is examined. The entrepreneurial regime, in which finns outside of the industry incumbents have the innovative...
- BUSINESS & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Franklin, Sarah E. // First Reading (Legislative Research Unit);Aug2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the move of the General Assembly to re-enact the Business Location Efficiency Incentive Act. It notes that the re-enactment of this law allows ComEd and Ameren to modernize the electric delivery systems. With this law, legislator also aims to fight copper theft and...