Soothing labour pains
- Maternity Leave: The World View. // Parenting;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p65
Presents data on the number of paid leave of employed pregnant women in different countries.
- Taking Leave When You Work at Home. Lawlor, Julia // Parenting;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p55
Focuses on how pregnant women can balance work and family. Ways on how to maintain a working level during a maternity leave.
- Get the best maternity leave for you (and your baby). Eberlein, Tamara // Redbook;Dec97, Vol. 190 Issue 2, p108
Discusses how pregnant working women can get the best maternity leave deals from their companies of employment. Provisions and shortcomings of the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; Tips on negotiating the maternity leave with the boss; Advice on when and how to break the news; Setting the...
- Dream leaves: Three women's stories. // Redbook;Dec97, Vol. 190 Issue 2, p113
Presents the experiences of three working mothers on their maternity leaves. Job held by each working mother; Duration of leave; Details on the deal cut out by each pregnant woman with their boss.
- Handle with care. // Employers Law;Nov2015, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to direct maternity discrimination including what direct pregnancy and maternity discrimination is, whether a woman who goes on maternity leave is entitled to preferential treatment with regard to being offered suitable alternative employment,...
- Personal View. Begley, Yvonne // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/5/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6598, p604
Focuses on the issue of pregnant working mothers in Great Britain. Details of the law on maternity leave; Effects of maternal deprivation; Views of colleagues on a working pregnant women.
- Baby on Board. Schroeder, Carol L. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jan2003, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p24
Answers questions related to the employment of a pregnant women. Health complications in the working conditions; Discrimination against pregnant employee; Issues on maternity leave policies.
- Health Corner. Hering, Beth Braccio // Managing People at Work;Jun2013, Issue 375, p8
The article discusses how one can deal when a team member is expecting in his team including reading maternity leave policy to know when to hire another employee, knowing intentions of the expectant employee and moving cubicle of the expectant mother near washroom.
- Delivering the goods. // People Management;11/9/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p24
Addresses several legal questions dealing with pregnant employees and maternity leave in Great Britain. Information of Employment Rights Act 1996 and the Maternity and Paternal Leave Regulation 1999; Claims for bank holidays that fell during the maternity leave period; Request of an employee to...