- Steps recommended to avoid discrimination claims. Sweeney, Kevin // Employee Benefit News;Aug2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p49
Offers advice on how employers can avoid discrimination lawsuits. Importance of training company supervisors and managers on potential complaint; Suggestions for showing respect to employees; How to terminate an employee.
- Employment discrimination and the ADA: A study of the... Moss, Kathryn; Johnsen, Matthew C. // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Fall1997, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p111
Presents findings from the study of how the employment discrimination charge process, mandated under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), is working. How the study was conducted; Overview of the findings related to the nationwide experience of ADA complainants; Problems that...
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;5/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p21
Presents overview of court cases related to employment discrimination in Great Britain as of May 16, 2002. 'Asda Stores v. Thompson'; 'Balmoody v. UK Central Council for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting'; 'Paggetti v. Cobb; Facts of the case.
- Confusion over 'religious belief' // People Management;11/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p17
Reports on the decision of human relations professionals to call for a clearer definition of religious belief, as a result of the British government's plans to ban religious discrimination at work. Consultation papers proposing changes in discrimination law; Comments from Francesca Okosi of the...
- CASE OF THE MONTH. Mordue, Christopher // Employers Law;Feb2003, p7
Presents information on the ruling of the Court of Appeal in Great Britain on a case regarding time limits for employment discrimination claims. Facts of the case; Reasons behind the ruling of the appellate court; Suggestions for employers to prevent employment discrimination.
- EMPLOYMENT. // Accountancy;Nov93, Vol. 112 Issue 1203, p113
Presents news briefs concerning labor issues in Great Britain as of November 1993. Decision of the European Court of Justice to cancel its requirement to backdate its equal pension benefits for men and women to cover periods of work before May 17, 1990; Statutory instruments about continuity of...
- Equal Employment Opportunity: Preferential Quotas and Unrepresented Third Parties. Goodman, Carl F. // Public Personnel Management;Nov/Dec77, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p371
Focuses on preferential quotas and unrepresented third parties in equal employment opportunity in the U.S. Basis of hiring plans; Constitutional problems raised by race-based remedies; Cessation of unions to issue work permits to blacks or whites.
- Practical Observations Concerning the Defense of Employment Discrimination Cases. Sampson, Richard T. // Public Personnel Management;Nov/Dec78, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p358
Focuses on the practical aspects of employment discrimination in the U.S. Importance of an employer's ability to produce applicant flow data; Evaluation of discrimination litigation; Profile of an employer.
- Split-motive bias ruling favors employers. GREENWALD, JUDY // Business Insurance;2/25/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p0004
The article reports that a California Supreme Court ruling in the Wynona Harris v. City of Santa Monica court case will make it more difficult for plaintiffs to prevail in discrimination cases. The court held on February 7, 2013 that in cases where there are discriminatory and nondiscriminatory...