- Hilton UK appoints Stakis director. Killgren, Lucy // Marketing Week;4/15/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the apppointment of Stakis former marketing director Mike Ashton as marketing director for Ladbroke-owned Hilton's Great Britain operations. Move as part of Ladbroke's purchase of Stakis in January 1999; Ashton's job responsibilities.
- Senior managers step in. Brown, Steve // Public Finance;08/09/96, p13
Discusses senior finance managers' turning to temping or interim management in Great Britain. Funding for temporary market for senior staff; Key to using temporary staff; Payment for temporary senior manager; How to be successful interim manager. INSET: Time out..
- TEMPORARY LOSS. Arkin, Anat // People Management;9/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p14
Discusses methods in the selection of an interim manager for organizations in Great Britain. Importance of the relationship between a client and the recruitment consultant to the success of interim appointments; Comparison between hiring an employee on a permanent basis and hiring an interim;...
- Start new hires as temps. // Communication Briefings;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p2
The article offers suggestions on how a firm should hire employees, adapted from the online article "Try Before You."
- New attitude. Griffin, Cynthia E. // Entrepreneur;Jul98, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p12
Opinion. Focuses on how businesses can benefit from recruiting potential temporary workers. What category temporary workers fall into; Estimated amount of Americans that are unemployed; Benefits of hiring temporary workers; Comments from Phil Kosak, president of Carolina Fine Snacks.
- Hiring smart. Stodder, Gayle Sato // Entrepreneur;Mar1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p64
Presents advice on hiring temporary employees. Reference checks; Employers' liability; Legal issues.
- Talent on reserve. Brotherton, Phaedra; Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p82
Presents suggestions for companies on how to hire new employees when needed. Training and development of employees to fill in vacated positions; Use of temporary hiring agencies; Solicitation of personal referrals.
- To temp or not to temp: The new staffing solution. Ludwig, Curtis // Fort Worth Business Press;09/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p26
Comments on factors to consider before hiring temporary employees to suit business management needs. Effectiveness of temporary employment for determining whether a potential employee is suitable for full-time employment; Cases where part-time employment is more suitable.
- Thumbs up for staffing Web sites. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p67
Offers tips in searching temporary workers via the Internet. Includes locating staffing agencies' home pages; Visiting Web sites; Requesting additional information by sending electronic mails to the Web master. INSETS: HR feedback to staffing agencies online, by B.P.S.;Online survival tips can...